05. mean girls dont cry

Margret Light was happy that her daughter was finally getting out. When her daughter said she was going to a party tonight, Margret couldn't help but smile. Of course, after questioning her daughter when she was going to be home. She wanted her daughter to be happy but she also wanted her to be safe.

"I made a new friend today nothing much. " her daughter had said barely inaudible when she had asked what she did at school today.

Alexis never talked much, and that she noticed. Her daughter was growing up; but as she grew, so did her walls.

"A new friend huh?" Margret asked her daughter.

"Umm yeah. " she slowly responded to her mom.

Alexis never liked talking about her days. She just didn't see the point. People said talking with your mom or your dad about anything was considered bonding. She found that dumb. Her definition of bonding was getting to know each other.

Margret just nodded her head and looked at Alexis, "Whats your friends name? "

"Amber. Amber Jackson. "

"No way. " her brother scoffed. He was the third last before her. "Amber as in the top charts one hundred whore in school? "

"Zach, that's not nice. " Margret scolded her son as he shrugged his shoulders mumbling and went back to eating his dinner.

"Alex? Don't mind him. " her mom looked at her smiling.

Alexis tried. She tried ignoring what her step brother had said. But she also knew that everyone in school considered Amber as a slut. She knew that way before Amber started talking to her. She didn't know her name though.

"Why aren't you eating sweetie? " her dad asked making Alexis snap out of her thoughts.

She looked down at her plate; she didn't touch her steak ribs and potatos; her favorite food.

"I'm not hungry. "

Her dad chuckled, "Honey, you always finish your dinner. That's your favorite. What's wrong? "

Alexis looked up at her dad than around the table noticing that all her six step siblings were all glaring at her. She hated the attention. Too much.

"Is there anything wrong? " her mom asked.

"Do you need to talk about something? " her third elder sister, Natalie, asked her concerned.

"Did you eat something bad that made you loose your appetite? " the eldest sister, Mickey asked.

"I'm just not hungry okay. I just don't feel like eating. " she lied. God knew she was starving. She hadn't eaten anything all day. "I have to go. Mom I have to go get ready. "

Silence fell over the dinning table as Alexis backed away and went up stairs to get ready for her first high school party.

She was excited. But she was also scared. What awaited her? She didn't know.

Maybe it would change her life; give her what she was expecting and make her fit in.
Or hit her with the unexpected and lead her into a different path.