23. mean girls dont cry

"Amber I'm tired," Alexis slurred. Her eyes were cloudy from way too much alcohol.

Amber snickered, "Me too. But we have to wait for the guys."

Alexis groaned, "I don't want too. I'm tired and I need to get home."

"Alexis, stop being a chicken. Stop chickening out. Chickens aren't cute." Amber slurred.

Alexis sighed. She really was tired. She didn't understand why Amber wasn't. Amber seemed to do this every single day. Alexis didn't like it but she just wanted something to keep her mind busy.

"Whatever," she mumbled and straightened up.

Amber turned around to her. They were both alone at the house that the party was held. Everyone had left except the both of them. The we're waiting for Matt and his boys. Alexis didn't like this at all.

"Are you scared?" Amber asked her.

Alexis scoffed, "Please, why would I be scared?"

Lies.

Amber shrugged. "Well you wanna go home so I don't know, I just thought you wanted out.

"Amber, just leave me alone."

Amber mumbled something under her breath but Alexis didn't care what she said.

Soon, the boys arrived. They all were from the football team from what Alexis knew. Once they entered the house Alexis stood up, her face hardening at one person who returned her gaze.

"Who's in need of sativa?" A guy with dark black hair whose name was Scott yelled once the boys entered the house.

"Him?" She said pointing to Matt.

"Her?" Matt asked returning her stare coming behind Scott who was holding packets of weed on both hands.

Amber laughed, "Stop being dramatic. It's just a night."

Alexis shook her head, "No. Not if he's here. He ruined my life."

Matt scoffed, "You ruined your own life. I just made it better."

Alexis bent down and picked up her bag, "I'm out. Sorry Amber, not him."

She went out the house making sure that she slammed the door. She tried turning the corner of the cross walk when Amber stopped her.

"Alex. Lexis stop."

"Why?" She didn't stop.

"Really? You're overreacting," Amber jogged a little just enough to get closer to hold Alexis back on her shoulder.

Alexis turned around fast and knocked off her hand. "Overreacting? Amber this is stupid. All of this. And don't tell me they're just here to give us free beer and cannabis We all know what's going to happen, and I don't want any of it."

As soon as Alexis said this, she regretted it because a look of hurt flashed over Amber face and then she hid it hardening her face.

"Like you haven't done it before. Don't act all high and mighty Alexis, everyone saw the video. You're no different," she snapped at Alexis.

"I didn't do it on purpose. If I knew what was happening I wouldn't have done it in the first place. I'm not cool with it. I'm not you."

Alexis turned on her heel and walked away having no clue that what she said, broke a heart that was already shattered.