33. mean girls dont cry

Amber showed up the next day in school looking perfectly normal. She didn't look hurt.

Alexis tried asking her where she went but all she did was say "it was nothing" and she continued on with whatever they were doing.

Amber looked like the type of girl you couldn't mess around with, but deep down Alexis knew that Amber was so much more. She knew that behind her famous name and bitchy face, she was whole other person.

Someone with feelings, someone who's been hurting. Yes, she was hard to read sometimes, maybe most, but Alexis wanted to help Amber. She wanted her to know that she was there for her.

But knowing that Amber just considered her as someone who's just there in her life and not a friend, it hurt Alexis.

Amber was someone else, she knew.
Amber was a different person underneath all that makeup, she knew.
Amber was just like all the other people walking around, she knew.

Amber was just broken, she knew.

Because she was too.

// a.n //
I've reached almost 3K reads and I really have no words. Even thought I haven't been updating, I've gotten new readers and that makes me really happy to know that you guys enjoy my work. I love you all thanks for sticking around. Please leave a comment on what you think. It's basically what keeps me going.