18. mean girls dont cry

This chapter is for hitting 1K! Thanks so much guys!

🌸

"Alexis you can't hide in your room forever," Mrs. Light said knocking on her daughters door.

"I'm fine ma I just need to be alone," Alexis said choking through her tears.

Mrs. Light didn't want her daughter stuck in there. She didn't want to be those mothers giving her daughter space, besides, her daughter had enough alone time.

"Honey," she sighed, "you've been locked in your room for two days just please let me in."

"Mom just -"

"Alexis honey, talk to me." Mrs. Light stayed silent. It had felt like hours when it was only minutes until she finally heard the knob twist.

Without hesitation she went into Alexis room finding her daughter sitting at the edge on her bed. Her eyes were swollen, she looked pale and small. It hurt her to see her daughter like that. She didn't want that.

"Oh baby," she said softly and went closer to her daughter and embraced her.

Alexis breathed and started crying. Finally holding her mother she felt like a kid again. Like when she would have a booboo and hugging her mom would make the pain go away. Would make her feel like she was capable of doing anything in the world, be who she wanted. Just be herself.

"Let it go baby, let it go," Mrs. Light hugged her daughter tighter rubbing circles in her back.

"I tried to save her mom, I tried to save her. It's my fault that she- "

"Stop it, it's ok." Her mom said holding her daughter at shoulder length and looking at her.

"No mom." Alexis said. "She would've lived if I just went to get help. Instead I thought I could save everybody. I can't, I didn't. I was the one that made her become worse. I made her drive herself to insanity mom!" She yelled standing up from her bed.

"Alexis stop-"

"Mom no. I made her a wreck. I said things that weren't right! I wasn't- I wasn't thinking and I just wanted to fit in and when she was mean to me I just- mom all I ever wanted was to fit in mom. I just wanted to be excepted the way I was and when she was mean to me on the first day I was so angry that I just- I'm so sorry!"

Mrs. Light stood up and pulled her daughter in. Holding her tightly as Alexis cried her heart out.
She held her baby, afraid that she was loosing her to the world. Just like the first time she held her baby, she didn't want to let her go.