six // planning a murder

"How are we going to do this?" Lincoln asked. After getting Bianca, they went to Lincoln's where they had free reign because his mother was a workaholic and never home. His older sister, Esther, would check in on him every time after work but she was gone already.

"We could do it the way he did it to Bella." Bianca offered an idea.

"That would be too obvious. It'd be a huge arrow pointing to Chloe as the murderer." Finn replied.

"We could make it look like a suicide." Chloe spoke up. "Hold a gun on him and make him write the note. My dad has some in a safe. He told Jesse and I the combination years ago in case of an intruder."

"But how would we kill him?" Lincoln asked.

"We'll make it look like he shot himself." Finn decided.

"How do we do that, genius?" Bianca asked Finn. "Wouldn't be obvious we shot him?"

"There's three places that people shoot to kill themselves - the side of the head, the chest and the mouth. If we do it there, it'll look like a suicide. And with the note, written by Jesse, no one will question it." Finn explained the due process of staging a suicide.

"I'm scared to do this." Chloe admitted, later that night beside Finn. She texted her parents and said she was staying with Bianca for the night. Her and Bianca often used one another as covers to spend the night with their boyfriends.

"There's nothing to be scared of, my dear. Jesse won't be able to hurt you, or us, after this." Finn said, petting Chloe's blonde hair as she lay on his chest.

"But-" Chloe began before he shushed her gently.

"No buts." He told her. "We're doing this."

"I don't want to hurt Jesse." Chloe confessed.

"Don't think of it like you're hurting Jesse, think of it like you're helping you and me, Linc and Bianca, your parents and the rest of society." Finn gave Chloe perspective.

"Okay." Chloe said, cuddling into Finn's chest more and falling asleep in his arms.

Tuesday came and went with Jesse coming home. They were planning to off him on the Friday, when Veronica and JD would have their monthly date night. Chloe was scared but her friends and Finn weren't, they knew they were saving lives by ending Jesse's. Then it was Friday.