interview five // chloe part two

Chloe: Why am I here?

Detective Kelly: Chloe, you killed your older brother.

Chloe: I swear-

Detective Kelly: Chloe, I like you. I'm going to give you some really good advice. Don't lie. Tell us the truth and let us help you. You're a young girl, you shouldn't spend the rest of your life behind bars for this.

Chloe: I wasn't going to lie. This has been eating me up inside.

Detective Kelly: Okay, then tell me what happened. Why did you do it?

Chloe: Ever since Bella, Jesse threatened to kill me a lot. He told me if I ever made friends, he'd kill them too. I had people who I did projects with and Jesse would beat them up for being nice to me. I couldn't let him hurt them.

Detective Kelly: Who's 'them'?

Chloe: My boyfriend, Finn, and my friends, Bianca and Lincoln.

Detective Kelly: Did they know about this?

Chloe: Will they get in trouble?

Detective Kelly: That depends. Were they involved?

Chloe: Yes. We planned it and then that night I told Finn I didn't want to do it.

Detective Kelly: Why did you do it then, Chloe?

Chloe: He said I wouldn't be hurting Jesse, I'd be helping everyone else. He hit me so I'd shoot Jesse myself, he said I needed to do it to take control.

Detective Kelly: Okay, what about Bianca and Lincoln? How were they involved?

Chloe: They were there. They helped plan it. It was mainly Finn who planned everything.

Detective Kelly: Is Finn controlling?

Chloe: I mean, I guess? Maybe a little.

Detective Kelly: I really need you to be honest with me. Has Finn ever hurt you?

Chloe: Um, he's grabbed me a bit hard sometimes and he hit me to get me to shoot Jesse. But I swear, he's really sweet and protective. He only wanted to kill Jesse to protect me.

Detective Kelly: And himself, Bianca and Lincoln.

Chloe: Yeah.

Detective Kelly: We're going to have our psychologist analyze you. Just like with me, you have to be honest. If you're honest, we can help you.

Chloe: Will you be there?

Detective Kelly: I can't be. I need to talk to your friends and Finn.

Chloe: You can't talk to Finn!

Detective Kelly: Chloe, I have to.

Chloe: He's going to be so mad.

Detective Kelly: That's okay. You two probably won't see one another until court.

Chloe: Court?

Detective Kelly: Yes, court. But you will probably be tried in Family Court. They are much more forgiving.

Chloe: Am I going to go to jail?

Detective Kelly: In all honesty, you would probably go to a mental health facility.

Chloe: Why?

Detective Kelly: When you were younger, you went to therapy. You were diagnosed with a few different things then, with possibilities for other things once you got older. That is why Dr. Cohen is going to reevaluate you.

Chloe: Is he nice?

Detective Kelly: Dr. Cohen is a woman, she's very nice. But remember you have to be honest with her for us to help you. Okay, Chloe?

Chloe: Okay. Thank you for trying to help me.