Chapter 4: Work Issues

Groaning softly the next morning, I shut the alarm on my phone off and sit up. Pulling my bag out from under the couch, I quickly grab some clothes and go off to the bathroom that's next to the kitchen so that I can shower and change.

Heading into the kitchen afterwards, I begin fixing up breakfast for everyone. I'm around halfway done when I hear feet padding softly down the hallway, though I don't bother looking.

"Minsae? What're you doing up already?" I hear Jimin's voice question softly from behind me.

"The real question is what you're doing awake so early, Jimin." I counter, continuing to make breakfast.

"I smelled food. Why're you up and dressed and cooking so early?" He asks again.

I turn and give him a small smile, finding him having taken a seat on one of the barstools at the island in the kitchen area dressed in gray sweats and a white tee shirt.

"I'm making breakfast for everyone before I leave, that way it's ready whenever you all get up. You should go lay back down, Jimin. It's still fairly early." I answer, finishing up with breakfast before sticking it in the oven to stay warm. I hear him yawn from behind me which almost makes me chuckle. Shouldn't be up so early.

"But why're you up so early? You could've done this later on in the morning at like, a reasonable time." He asks before yawning again. Leaning my back against the oven behind me, I cock an eyebrow at the tired boy as I cross my arms over my chest.

"Jimin, go get some sleep. I'm heading off to work is all." I answer, to which he pouts at. I'm not going to lie, his pout is quite cute but I shrug the thought off.

"You should just stay instead. I doubt you have to be in so early, cutie. We could cuddle on the couch or something instead?" He asks, smirking slightly at his own suggestion. I roll my eyes at the boy.

"Park Jimin, are you attempting to flirt with me?" I question with a small smirk of my own as his cheeks heat up a bright red.

"Of course I am. Who wouldn't want to flirt and be with a cutie like yourself?" He answers confidently as he walks around the island and over to me.

"Good try, Jimin. I'm not interested though." I smile up at him, patting his cheek before walking around him and grabbing my work bag from the couch. He pouts over at me as he watches me move.

"It's worth a try and I can always work to convince you otherwise." He grins as he walks over to me. I roll my eyes, shaking my head at him.

"Whatever makes you happy, Jimin." I say before walking out the front door and heading off to work.

I sigh, shaking my head as I make my way to the studio with my music playing. I truly don't know how well this is going to work with the boys. Although, I'm not all that sure how well any of this is going to work out. I was never meant to end up in this industry to begin with.

When I get to the studio, I head straight to one of the writing rooms. Playing the music for this first mini album through my earbuds, I work on writing out what would turn out to be the third song for the nine song album.

Biting my lip in concentration, I quickly set to work. I don't know how much time has passed by the time I've gotten around halfway through the song. All I know is that it had to have been a decent bit, as I know that I've not been able to get anywhere far anytime fast with this song. They wanted us to have two slower songs on the album and this is the first of them. Although, writing the first two songs that were more upbeat wasn't any easier.

"Minsae?" I hear a voice call, breaking me from all of the work that I have spread in front of me.

Truthfully, I've been taking online business classes in order to try and get some sort of college degree, taking a couple extra trainee classes online, as well as doing the in person trainee stuff, practicing dance, working on vocals and rapping abilities, and also writing the songs now within the last month. They've also had us do a few interviews and a few performances of covering others songs.