Chapter 21

As I kissed Breckyn, I felt her lean in to me. I pull her into me and start to melt into the kiss. Soon, my breath is getting shorter. Its becoming harder to breathe. My heart starts pounding. I can feel the blood rush to my lower extremities. I forget where we are for a moment. I'm starting to lose myself in this kiss. 

I hear someone talking in the background and feel Breckyn slowly pull away from my lips. She looks past my right shoulder and looks off into the distance. I watch her face. Soon the color drains from her face and she slowly puts her hand over her mouth and starts to back away from me, slowly. I reach for her as she backs away even faster.

I'm confused. I thought we were on the same page. I just told her I wanted to protect her, I wanted to make her feel safe, and more importantly, I want her to see how incredible she really is. What did I do wrong? "What's wrong Breckyn?" Did I say something wrong?" I begin to jog after her. "Talk to me." She turns and starts running. 

"Call the cops, Jimmy." Breckyn is running away from me, now. I pick up my pace and start running after her.  That's when I heard the voice again, from behind me.

"Not so fast, honey, who's your new boyfriend?" I stopped dead in my tracks. My heart dropped into my stomach. I clenched my fists. It couldn't be. I felt my face turn red and I could almost feel my blood start to boil. I was over come with anger. I turned around and saw a tall man with shaggy blonde hair walking up behind me. He was in a blue jumpsuit and work boots. There was an ankle bracelet around one of his ankles. 

Mike. He dropped his bag and took off running for Breckyn. I wasn't going to let him near her, if it was the last thing I did. I looked behind me and Breckyn took off even faster for the truck. She looked behind her as she ran, she stopped for a split second and looked at me. "GET IN THE TRUCK JIMMY!" I heard her say. I ran up to her and opened the drivers door to the truck and put her in and locked the door and closed it. "Just get in the truck and go get help." I could hear Mike closing in on us fast.

I turned around and ran towards Mike. I ran as fast as I could towards him. I heard screaming coming from the truck. "JIMMY! DON'T!" 

"GO BRECKYN! NOW!" I yelled back. I lowered my shoulder into Mike and drove him into the ground. I sat up on him and pummeled his face with my fists. I got in two good shots before Mike pushed me off of him.  

"You're not who I'm after." he growled as he stood back up. "My issue is with the girl. Who the hell are you anyways?" He backed away but left his fists up. "Wait a second, you're that douche bag from that tv show that Breckyn likes. She paid more attention to you than she ever did me."

"DON'T. YOU. DARE. SAY. HER. NAME. You don't get to do that. You don't get to say her name. You lost that privilege the first time you laid your worthless hands on her, you son of a bitch. I've been WAITING get my hands on you, you piece of shit!" I said.

"Oh really? You her new flavor of the week? You'd be better off to leave her in the dust. Hell, better yet, I should have finished her when I had the chance." he grinned as he wiped blood of his mouth.

I lost it. I lunged forward and knocked him off his feet again. I grabbed the collar of his jumpsuit and pummeled my fist into his face. He swung back and knocked me off of him. Lucky shot. I stood up and went to lunge forward. Mike grabbed a knife out of his pocket and took a swipe at me. I jumped back. There was a large cut in my shirt. That's when I felt hands wrap around my body. 

"Take me, Mike. You want me? Come and get me." Breckyn stood in front of me and pushed me away. I fell to the ground. I tried to get back up, but Breckyn was too fast. She was up in his face. You think you are big enough to finish this, then go right ahead."