Chapter 5: Intruder

Blackie's POV: Tom's been in his house with Eric since yesterday. Something tells me he got some, but what do I know? I give the man props for figuring out he's bi, especially because he found out thanks to his friend showing up.

"Blackie!" Sebastian called from the gates. I walked up to him, Penelope not far behind me. She still refuses to leave my side even though Negan's dead.

"What's going on man?" I asked him.

"Looks like Penelope's father's alive." He solemly said. My heart dropped.

"What?" I asked, surprised. Sebastian was silent, only looking over to a man standing a little distance away from him.

"Penelope! Honey I'm so glad you're ok!" The man said, kneeling down and holding out his arms, ready for Penelope to run and hug him. Instead, she hid behind my leg, holding on tightly. "Penelope? It's me, daddy!" Penelope grabbed my pants tighter and tried even harder to hide. I knelt down and pulled her in close.

"Is that your daddy Penelope?" I whispered so only she could hear, wanting to find out the truth.

"No." She whispered back, "I don't know him." That's all I needed to hear. I stood back up and looked at the man. Without breaking eye contact, I motioned Sebastian over.

"Get Penelope back to my house and lock the doors. Stay with her until I get back." I whispered.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked.

"She said he's not her father." I replied. Sebastian grabbed Penelope's hand and led her back to my place.

"I don't know who you are." I said, approaching the mystery man, "But you better get the fuck out of here and never come back."

"The Whisperers are coming my friend." He said. As he went to leave, I quickly grabbed him and tackled him to the ground. "What the fuck?!"

"Daryl!" I yelled, "Get him to the cell. Keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get out!" Daryl took the man from me and led him to our little jail. "Rosita!" I called up, "Tell the other guards to keep an eye out, we got trouble coming."

I've got to tell Tom.

Tom's POV: The next morning I woke up thinking yesterday was all a dream. I was so relaxed once I woke up, as if I had a blissful dream. It had to have been a dream. It was too good to not be a dream. Right?

When I rolled around, I saw long blonde hair, which definitely belonged to Eric. He was still sound asleep. It wasn't a dream. It happened. I smiled at the thought of it. Eventually Eric shuffled and rolled to face me, still half asleep.

"Good morning sunshine." I said to him.

"Morning." He groggily replied, smiling as well.

"You look gorgeous." I complemented him.

"So do you, you always have." He said. He scooted his way over to me and laid in my arms, trying not to fall back asleep.

"You seem really tired." I chuckled.

"I am. I haven't slept more than 4 hours in months." He replied, trying to keep his eyes open.

"Tom." I heard Blackie's voice from downstairs. I let out a groan.

"I'll be right back." I gently said, getting out of bed.

"M'kay." He said. Within moments he was out like a light, again. I quickly got changed and went downstairs to meet Blackie.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Where's Eric?" He asked.

"Asleep. What's the matter?" I replied.

"We had an incident and need you outside. Now." He said. I followed him out and met with Axl and the rest of our groups.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Someone came in claiming to be Penelope's father." Axl explained.

"When Penelope said she didn't know him I had Sebastian take her to my house. He said the Whisperers are coming before we got him into the jail." Blackie chimed in.

"Did you search him?" I asked.

"Yes. No walkies, maps, nothing he could use to communicate with the others and bring them here. All we found was a gun and knife, which still isn't reassuring." Vince said.

"Do you wanna question him?" Blackie asked me.

"Yes. We need to figure out who he is and if he truly is with them." I said. We all made our way to the jail...