Chapter 18: Wedding Bells

*Short chapter because I'm excited to write and have had a lot of ideas today. The next one will be longer, promise!*

Tom's POV: Father Gabriel's back, finally. Been like three days, felt like 1000. I just want to marry Eric right now and make this official. The two of us ran up to Father Gabriel the moment we saw him.

"Gabriel," I called. He turned to face us. "I need you to do us a big favor."

"Anything." He replied.

"I need you to marry us." I said, not hesitating at all.

"I can do that. But you'll need to gather a few witnesses. Standard wedding protocol." He explained.

"I'll go grab the guys." I said.

"Perfect. When everyone's ready I'll be in the chapel." He said, walking off.

"I'll go grab Blackie and see who he can round up. You grab Axl or someone else." I said. He nodded and we went in search of our friends. I finally came upon Blackie on his porch with Lita and the kids. "Blackie, can I talk to you?" I asked. He nodded and walked over.

"Can you get the rest of our group assembled? I have Eric getting Axl's." I said.

"Sure Keifer. May I ask why? Do we have a Whisperer problem?" Blackie asked.

"No, not that." I explained, "I just need you guys to meet us at the chapel." Blackie was still confused. Then he looked down at my hand and saw the ring.

"Keifer!" He said, grabbing my hand, "You and Eric are getting married?!" His smile was big, so clearly he was happy. I on the other hand looked away, almost embarrassed. "Finally! I'm so happy for you guys!"

"Yes. Can you and the guys just meet us at the chapel, please?" I asked.

"Of course, but first, I'm getting you dressed nicer. It's your big day Keifer, you deserve to look your best. Let's run to your house quick." He said.

"Blackie, no, I'm fine." I said. Of course he didn't listen and drug me to my house. Once upstairs, he helped me pick out a nicer outfit. I must admit, he was right. I do look better now. He also helped me fluff up and spray my hair some more. I applied a little smuged eyeliner. I haven't worn makeup since our days in Cinderella. Looking like a hot rockstar hasn't really been a priority since the outbreak. As Blackie and I were leaving, I stopped him.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Blackie, thank you for everything." I said, "I know we kinda hated each other when we reunited that day in the woods, but we've come a long way, and you're my closest friend now. As a slight form of repayment, can you be my best man?"

"Of course Keifer." He said, patting my shoulder. We made our way to the chapel and everyone was there already. Well, everyone but Eric and Axl. Probably waiting to make a dramatic entrance. Blackie and I made our way to the front of the alter.

"You ready?" He asked, smirking. I took a deep breath and nodded. Father Gabriel nodded to Sebastian, who was standing at the door.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention he got out of the wheelchair a few months ago.

Anyways, Sebastian knocked on the door before walking over to the others. When the doors opened, I saw Axl next to Eric, who was looking even more breathtaking than usual. I didn't think that was possible. Seems like Axl had the same idea to freshen him up as well. He escorted Eric done the aisle and next to me. As the ceremony went on, I zoned out a parts, just staring into his eyes. God, I can't believe this guy is going to be all mine forever.

Eventually, we read our vows, placed the rings on our fingers, and finally came to the moment I was waiting for.

"You may kiss the groom." Father Gabriel said. Eric and I were quick to kiss, all our friends clapping.

Finally. Together forever...