Chapter 10: Stress Relief

Tom's POV: When we returned home to Alexandria, I quickly went back up to the bedroom, changed, and plopped down next to Eric in bed. He clearly felt me return since he woke up, turning to face me.

"Everything alright?" He asked, the two of us cuddling up to each other.

"I'll fill you in in the morning." I said, "It's a lot to process." We both quickly fell asleep, obviously tired from everything that's happened today, both good and bad.

When I woke up the next morning, Eric was already out of bed getting dressed. Usually he's still asleep now. Guess so he caught up on his sleep deprivation. First thing I got to see when my eyes adjusted was his cute little ass. Out of arousal I whistled, causing him to jump.

"Really Tom?" He chuckled before quickly slipping on his underwear.

"Can't help it if that's the first thing I see in the morning. And what a lovely sight it is." I replied. He crawled back onto the bed and kissed me.

"So what's the plan for today?" He asked.

"I need a break from everything." I said, "After last night my mind is going crazy."

"Oh yeah, what exactly did happen last night?" He asked.

"Gregory ordered an attack on Maggie." I started, "Right in front of her kid. Sebastian was still there and tried to break it up before she got too hurt. But he got knocked out and paralyzed. Hopefully it's temporary." Eric's eyes widened at those words, "As a result, Maggie had Gregory hung. Serves him right." I didn't mention the kids that witnessed it. Too much.

"Jesus. Sounds like your night was eventful." Eric replied. "How about we go out for a walk today? Get your mind off of things."

"That sounds delightful." I said before kissing him again. God I love him so much. "I'm gonna get a shower first. I'm still all sweaty from everything last night." I hopped out of bed and got undressed.

"Well I'm joining you." Eric said, slipping off his underwear that he literally just put on. I looked back at him, smirking with an eyebrow raised. "Hey, we need to save water in these times." I just chuckled as we walked into the bathroom.

Nothing too sexual happened, so sorry to disappoint. But the entire thing was very romantic to me. At one point, right in the middle of washing our hair, we just stared into each other's eyes. I could feel every emotion we had towards each other. The staring wasn't lustful: It was loving. After a few moments, we gently kissed. I don't know where it be without him. Probably still depressed and reclusive.

Tom's POV: We decided to walk through the forest, holding hands the whole time. It's the most peaceful area around here. I haven't been here since the confrontation between us and Negan though, so a few bad memories are coming back. Eventually we came upon the spot where it happened. I swear I could still see blood splatters on the tree.

"You ok?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, it's just-" I trailed off, "This was the last place Joan was alive." I love Eric more than anyone else right now, but I do miss Joan. She was an incredible woman, despite how she betrayed us. But she actually loved me, just like I loved her.

"Oh." Eric said, "It's alright." He rubbed my back.

The sound of walkers distracted both of us. They were coming from both sides,but luckily it wasn't many. Eric was extremely hesitant to kill them.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Those walkers don't look right." He said.

"No walkers look right. It's cause, you know, they're decaying." I said.

"No, they don't look - real." He said. I just shrugged my shoulders. Eventually he went to get his, and I went to get mine. Suddenly, the two I tried to kill grabbed me and pushed me to the ground...