Chapter 13: Secrets

Tom's POV: "Welcome to Alexandria." I started my monologue to Lita, "I really dont feel like doing the whole speech for you so I'll sum it up. We have a little faction of rockstars inside of here, so communicate with us first if you see anything weird. The Hilltop, Kingdom, Sanctuary, and Oceanside are our allies, eventually you'll meet them all. At least their leaders. You can stay with any of the rockers in their house or take one for yourself, but I don't reccomend that right now. Any questions?"

"I got nothing." Lita said.

"Great. Make yourself at home. Get some rest too and we'll catch you up on everything." I said.

"Holy shit, Lita!" Sebastian called.

"Oh my god what happened to you?" She asked, hugging him.

"Long story. It's only temporary though so no worries." He replied, pulling away. Vince, Mick, Axl, and Paul followed behind, greeting Lita as well.

"It's so nice to see my old friends again." She said.

"I found Slash and Nikki." Bret called. I turned to see the junkies stumbling out of Nikki's house, hanging onto each other for support.

"Jesus fucking christ Sixx. Now we've got two of you." I said. Gene's at the Hilltop right now helping out, so he can't keep an eye on Nikki like usual. Fucker.

"Oh. Hello Nikki." Lita said, now less happy than before. Nikki's eyes widened.

"Oh fuck. Nope. I'm gone." He said, turning to leave. He seemed to have sobered up right on the spot. Blackie quick grabbed his arm and pulled him back, Nikki sulking like a child.

"Someone wanna explain?" I asked.

"Two words: Ex-boyfriend." Lita answered.

"Now I understand." Jon said.

"You know what, I think I'm just gonna go stay with Blackie. If that's ok with you." She said, turning to face Blackie.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna warn you I have a little one running around. She'll probably like you though." Blackie replied.

"Oh, you had another daughter?" Lita asked, smiling. Blackie's smirk quickly faded as the others looked at him, confused. I realized I'm the only one he's talked to about Ella. Besides Lita that is.

"Just meet me at my house whenever you want. I'll help you get settled." He said before walking off.

"Blackie had a kid?" Axl asked.

"I'm gonna leave." Nikki said before walking away.

"Drop that subject. We don't need to talk about that." I said. Sebastian wheeled himself away a little distance to listen to the walkie.

"I'm just gonna head over to Blackie's place. Sorry to bring that up." Lita said before leaving.

"Ok, if you don't wanna talk about Blackie's mystery kid, how about we talk about you and Eric?" Axl said, crossing his arms.

"Just like the last subject, drop it." I sternly said.

"Why you being so secretive Keifer?" He asked, "Just tell us what's going on with you two."

"Look, my private life is none of your business, and neither is Eric's. So fucking drop it." I said, now in Axl's face.

"Guys, we have an emergency." Sebastian said, wheeling back over.

"What now?" I asked.

"That was Gene. Justin's dead, killed in fact. They found his body in the forest all slashed up." He replied.

"Mother fucker." I said, running my hand through my hair. Justin was a dick. He even pushed this one kid from the Kingdom over all because he wanted all the water he was distributing. Former Savior, so no suprise there. But he was still, unfortunately, one of our own. And the fact that the killer didn't leave a trace means it wasn't one of ours. Signs point to the Whisperers. Why. Why can't I just have one day in peace?

"Tell Daryl or Ezekiel to take care of it." I said, "No one leaves here alone and without weapons, same goes for the other communities. Let 'em know." Sebastian nodded and got back on the walkie. Meanwhile I went back go the house. Way too much shit is happening today. I need a break. Again. I went upstairs to Eric, who was still curled up in the bed.

"You ok?" I gently asked, sitting down next to him.

"Getting there." He said, "Don't leave me for the rest of the day, please. Just stay here."

"That was my plan. I need some rest anyways." I said, getting under the covers with him...