열일곱

Wendy

I smiled like an idiot as I sat down at the dining table at the apartment that I share with 4 other people who are also my high school classmates, I could smile like that even though it was a very tiring day today. I had rushed to the filming set first time in the morning after waking up late and even had my tongue scalded by the damn coffee. My tongue still feels that scaly till now, I shouldn't have drunk so quickly if I had known that it would be that hot. Of course, it would be hot, you idiot...

Seulgi came to the table and sat down opposite of me still with her dirty work apron on, she placed down a cup of water for herself. "Do you have some water as well??" I shook my head. "Why are you dazed today?? Anything bad happened at the film set today??"

Irene passed the bowls of rice that she took for the three of us and she sat down as well, with the other side dishes that she whipped up in less than 15 minutes. The other two had some things to do so they were not here to have dinner with us, Joy had a dinner date with her boyfriend and Yeri had some things to settle with her family.

We would've died of starvation if Irene wasn't around with us, Seulgi and I can never cook with such little ingredients. There was nearly nothing in the fridge as a certain someone forgot to buy groceries and we had to make do with what we had left, it is all because of Joy who literally forgot that she was on duty to buy groceries for the week.

We couldn't go out to the grocery store as it was already 8.45 pm and there was not much food left plus we were feeling lazy. We only had a few packets of ramyeon, some Kimchi and eggs as a result but our personal chef managed to whip us a meal that would last us up till supper. She is really housewife material to be able to do that, if I were to be her, I would've just called takeout to make my life easy.

"She almost got fired for the first day of the shoot." She replied on my behalf and I tried to deny the fact but it is true, I was nearly fired and couldn't work as a scriptwriter anymore.

Irene kept her promise and she came over to the shoot straight after work, rejecting her fellow coworkers to a company dinner and chose to come over to see how I was coping with work. She was there when I came back after comforting Hoseok and she knew the entire thing.

"But why??" Seulgi looked puzzled. "How can a scriptwriter get fired?? Then what about the story??"

"The director said that I wasn't being hardworking and I was slacking off and he scolded me in front of everyone. Hoseok heard what happened and he lashed out at the director--"

"In short, the director just dislikes her because she wasn't as pretty as Jung SooJung. But Wendy is a natural and I bet that Jung SooJung had some work done to her face, that's why she looks so perfect. No one can look so perfect all the time." Irene took a bite of her ramyeon.

"Then what about the firing part?? Did Hoseok ssi get fired as well??" I shook my head. "But the director did fire the both of you."

I sighed. "Jung SooJung pleaded the director to allow us to stay and for him to continue to act in the drama so I stayed. He too, as well. His CEO was persuading him to continue to film so he had no choice but to stay."

"What is her intention??" Seulgi asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "I thought the two of you were still in the bad blood."

"She apologized to me and told me that it was her fault for doing this to me. She wanted us to be friends just like how we were like in our high school days."

"Did you forgive her??" Irene asked and I shook my head.

"I had forgiven her but I don't want to be close to her, after all, we are business partners. And I am grateful to her that the director had given me an additional role other than my scriptwriting job, I am now one of the producers for the film."

Seulgi beamed in delight. "Really?? You're a producer now?? It means that you can have control over the casting and you can get rid of her anytime you feel like killing her." I hit her on the shoulder. "I'm serious. I'm so happy for you honestly."

"Me too, even though I already knew about it. I hope that you don't get fired by the annoying director, he should get fired instead." We stood up and hugged each other for a short moment before sitting back down eating our food as if nothing had happened before.

I went back to my room after finishing dinner and washing the dishes as part of my duty, Yeri came home with a bag of chicken and the two, as skinny as they always are sat down in the living room ready to devour the second round of food.

I, on the other hand, gain weight really easily so I opted out of it and decided to go through my emails and do my work as a new producer. I haven't done any producing job and I'm afraid of the annoying director finding some excuse to slam me down again so I am researching on how to be a better producer. I shouldn't waste this perfect opportunity that is given to me by chance and I should cherish it, I would've been fired if not for Jung SooJung.

And Jung Hoseok. I saw him begging on his knees to allow his CEO to let him continue to be in this drama. I wasn't supposed to be overhearing their conversation but I had because I had to walk to the toilet and I had seen them talking.

His CEO was disappointed with the way that he had acted today and he too wanted Hoseok to stop acting but Hoseok didn't want him to. He pleaded with him to allow me to stay and be the scriptwriter for him and for him to have a last chance at becoming famous. He is that desperate when it came to his career, he wanted to do what he loved but he couldn't dance forever.

I was his motivation for him to stay on and he was my motivation to pursue what I have always wanted to do. For him, I have to stay. For him to be happy.