마흔 세

HoSeok

"This is your order of 6 sugar-glazed doughnuts and 2 cups of coffee, that will be 25,000 won please." The server hands me my order. "Do you want to pay by cash or credit card?"

I handed the server my credit card with my free hand. "Credit cash please." And she completed the transaction for me. "And can you sign am autograph for me as well? I am a huge fan of yours and I liked you from the very start."

I was honestly surprised at that comment, never expecting that anyone would actually recognise me in public. "Oh really?" She nodded and I smiled. "Of course, you can! I would do that for you because you are my fan, are you a fan of the other members as well? I could help them get your autographs for you on their behalf."

She shook her head. "Nope, my love for you is more than the other members and it would be rude of me to do that when you are actually here, I will still get a chance to meet the rest of the members someday." She handed me my credit card and a piece of paper and a pen for me to sign my autograph on.

I signed the most beautiful autograph that I have ever done in my life and it has been a while since I have signed my autograph and it feels foreign but familiar at the same time, it is very touching for me because I have never felt loved for a very long time and people have started to ignore me in the streets, it is a sign that my popularity is diminishing very quickly and it would be a matter of them that people would forget about me.

But this particular fan of mine is making me feel nostalgic about the life that I used to have and I loved the feeling of being loved by someone and supporting you silently through watching your videos and buying your merchandise and goodies, I missed that a lot. I handed back to her the piece of paper and the pen and she beamed with excitement. "Thank you so much, HoSeok ssi! I will continue to support you through your drama, you are doing such a great job acting!"

I know that I shouldn't be doing this as a fellow K-pop idol but I feel like I would be happy if I do this, I handed her my mobile phone. "Do you want to take a picture with me? I would like to show the other members that I have a superfan and it would help you get more publicity, the other members would want to visit the café as well."

I left the café after taking a picture with her and one more with her phone because she wanted a picture on her own phone as well, I can't send the same picture to her via kakao talk because it would increase the chances of me leaking valuable information in my phone and it would be dangerous for me and my career as well.

It feels good to have someone recognizing you in public and appreciating whatever you are doing, praising you for your acting and hoping that you would do well, it is something that I don't get to hear every day but I like it, it is a sign that you still exist in the minds of people and even if it is just one person, it is enough to make me happy because I know that there is still one more person in this world who appreciates the things that I do is not for show.

I got to the film set that they are shooting and even though I am not required to work today because there are no scenes for me to shoot but I just came anyway because I have the need to see someone or not I would go crazy literally. It has been a whole day since I have last seen her and I already missed her so much, she is definitely tired doing her scenes to catch up with the releasing of the new episodes, she has to work a lot to make up for the several days that she wasn't on set due to a flu.

People were visibly shocked to see me on my off day and they were all asking why I am here instead of staying at home and doing my own stuff at home, but I told them that I have a very special person that I want to see and I will not go home after I have seen that person. I got into the waiting room where her belongings are at and I sat down waiting for her as I received the news that she is still acting for her scenes and it would be a while before she goes for her break.

The door opens and she appears behind it, looking tired as she enters into the waiting room and she looks at me, her eyes opening wide and she let out a scream. "Why are you here on an off day? You literally shocked me, I thought that I was seeing things."

"I was feeling a little bored at home and I thought that I should visit you at set to make you feel better and I got you your sugar-glazed doughnuts and your caramel macchiato, I got them at the new café near the set." I showed her.

"But I just ate my lunch earlier, I am still feeling a little full." She told me and I shoved her the doughnuts in her face. "Fine, I will just eat one so that you wouldn't be sad about it. But you looked really happy today."

"Because I got to see you after 24 hours of not seeing you at all, I missed you so much that I don't want to leave your side at all." I beamed with excitement and that made her blush a little. "And I got really touched today, there was someone who recognised me today and she wanted me to sign an autograph and I also took a picture with her in exchange. Most of the fans would like my other members because they are so handsome and good-looking while I am just average, the only reason why people will like me is that I am funny."

"That is not true, you are handsome as well. You just don't have confidence in yourself, and I want to make you feel confident." She giggled. "Jung HoSeok, you are handsome as heck and everyone loves you for that."

"And you don't love me?" I teased her a little. "Son Wendy, I can't believe that you are such a person."

She hugged me. "Whatever, you will love me anyway. Thanks for the doughnuts and the coffee, you really made my day."