Part 8: Sold

Jiro went back to spending his time helping the maids the next day. Unlike when they first met they had taken a liking to him. Jenna had another day off to stay home. She watched Jiro help put dishes away and fluff the pillows.

"Jiro would you come here for a moment," Jenna requested as she closed her computer.

"Yeah do you need something?" Jiro walked over to Jenna and put down the pillow he was holding.

"There's a very wealthy man north of the city who's very interested and anxious to meet you," Jenna said, "He would like us to stay there for a few days. You should go pack your charger we're leaving tonight."

"O-oh but," Jiro started to speak but Jenna left to pack her bags.

 Eden got home late with handcuffs and an officer behind her.

"We could caught your daughter spray painted the privet library. This is our warning, next time it's juvie," the officer uncuffer Eden and left after talking to Jenna.

"Eden pack you bags were leaving in three hours," Jenna tokd her.

"Where?" Eden asked.

"We're sell Jiro to a wealthy buyer in the northern city," Jenna replied, "Now go pack."

"What? Mom we can't sell him I'll lose the bet," Eden complained.

"Too late he's already accepted. We're just the delivery," Jenna left and Eden stood at the door.

"Great I lost four hundred like everyone expected," Eden kicked her bag and started packing.

 Jiro was asleep and charging in the basement. Abigail put him in the car and said goodbye while he slept. Eden sat next to him. Jenna told the driver to head north and they spent three hours in the car. They arrived to a nicely lit wooden mansion. There a young butler greater them and guided them in. Their bags were taken and Jiro was put down on the couch and plugged in.

"He's quiet the fine machine," the buyer said, his name was Vincent, "how does he function?"

"He's broken obviously," Eden commented, "Don't you see the missing arm and  cracked eye lens. He even has patches on his leg. He's obviously dysfunctional."

"Eden!" Jenna gave her daughter a look to quiet her down, "for give her she's in a bet. He's programmed to be a son and younger brother. He often helps our maids around the house. His programming evolves actual emotions. Aside from charging and drinking oil he's like an actual child."

"Interesting," Vincent looked at Jiro's face, "What's his name?"

"Jiro," Jenna said.

"Jiro... I believe I've heard that name before," Vincet pushed his hair back and looked back at Jenna, "We'll discus payment at a later hour tomorrow. For now Antony will show you to your rooms."