Chapter 6 - A Date

"Melanie? Is that you?" I heard a voice say. I looked up from tying my skates and there stood my ex boyfriend. "Melanie it's Jace" Kian whispered to me, yet everyone could here. I turned to him and have him a 'Really?' look.

"Hey Jace" Sam said. Kian, Sam, and also Trevor knew who he was. "Hey. Melanie so I see you still hang out with Kian and Sam" he said. "Yeah" I said not looking up from putting my shoes on. "Well, I'll see you later" I said getting up and bringing my skates back to where we rented them.

"Wait" he said following me. We both put our skates back. "What do you want, Jace?" I asked him, turning to face him. "I was wondering, maybe we could hang out sometime?" He asked. I sighed and said "Sure", I didn't want to be rude.

We exchanged numbers and I walked back to where the guys were. "Who was that?" Nash asked. "Just a old friend" I lied. Kian, Sam, and Trevor all looked at me when I replied to Nash's question.

I decided to go home with Nash. We got to his house, we walked in and Cameron and Jack G were sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Hey Nash and Melanie" they said together. "Hey" Nash and I said together. "I'm going to go get food from McDonald's. You guys want to come?" Cameron asked getting up. "I'll come" Nash said.

Nash and Cameron left leaving Jack and I. We actually got to know each other better. After a while I saw him leaning in and myself leaning in too, even though I knew I shouldn't. Right before our lips almost touched the guys walked in a jumped off the couch.

"Your back!" I cheered awkwardly walking over to Nash and hugging him. We all ate our food, once we were done Nash and I went to go to sleep.

I borrowed sweats from Nash. Nash and I were cuddling when he asked "How do you know that dude? You know the one that was at the ice skating place". "He's just a friend that I knew through middle school and some of high school, before I started home school" I said.

A while later, I started to get tired and I fell asleep curled in Nash's arms. I was awoken when I heard someone walk into the room. I look at the clock and it's 2 am. I look to the door with the person standing there.

"Melanie, are you awake?" I hear the voice whisper. "No" I said and laid back down. "It's Jack, I just wanted to say I'm sorry about earlier" he said. "It's fine, now go away" I said and went to sleep.

~Next day~

"Melanie" Nash whispered. "Yeah?" I asked starting to wake up. "Will you go on a date with me tonight?" He asked. "Of course" I said and pecked him on the lips.

Later around 2 pm I went home to go get ready for my date with Nash. I called Jenn and told her I was going on a date and she replied with "I'm on my way". Jenn was at our door about 10 minutes later.

Jenn and I were in my room and she asked "Is it fancy or casual?" "I don't know, Nash didn't tell me where we were going" I said. she grabbed my phone and called Nash. She hung up and said that it was casual.

I went to go take a shower while Jenn picked out what I was going to wear. I came out and she had the outfit set on my bed.

It was a red velvet droopy sweater with a white question mark in the middle, black extra long high waisted leggings, also red velvet vans, and I added a small gold necklace that had a 'M' across it.

I went back into my bathroom to change into my outfit. Once I was done Jenn came in and did my hair, and makeup.

For my hair she did a double French braid ponytail. For my makeup she did a light smokey eye, and just some lip gloss.

I looked at the time and it was 5 pm already. Nash said he would pick me up around 5 or 5:30. I thanked Jenn, she had to leave because she was going to go make a video with Andrea for 'Awesomeness tv'.

I sat on the couch and Connor and Ricky joined and we just watched tv. Until I heard a knock on the door. I ran to the door opened and Nash was standing there wearing khakis and a sweater.

I walked outside and closed the door. "You look gorgeous" Nash said. "You don't look to bad yourself either" I said and he smiled. We both got in the car. "So, where are are we going?" I asked. "You'll see" he said starting to drive. I sighed and pouted.

After about a 10 minute drive Nash pulled up into a parking lot. We walked a little until I saw that we were at a Carnival. "Nash! I love these games and rides!" I cheered. "Don't I totally deserve a kiss" he joked. "Later" I laughed and poked him.

Nash's POV

Melanie was so excited that I brought her here. I loved to see her so happy. We walked around and got cotton candy. We kept just walking hand in hand, we played a couple games too.

"Melanie let's play this game" I said pointing to the game that you would have a fake gun and spray the clowns. "Ok, I love that game" she said and we walked over to it.

After we finished the game I won and I won a huge stuffed animal. I smiled and gave Melanie the huge stuffed animal. "Aww, thanks Nash" she said and kissed my cheeks. I really did love her.

When all of a sudden I see Matt, Cameron, and Carter and there both staring at Melanie and I. I ignored them and put my arm around Melanie and walked away.

Carter's POV

"Why can't she be mine? why does Nash get to have her?" "She's so perfect" "I wish I could just hold her in my arms" Matt complained all day about Melanie. To take Matt's mind off her, Cameron and I decided to take Matt to the carnival that happens once a year, and stays open for about a week.

When we were just walking through Cameron and I both spot Nash and Melanie. We try to distract Matt, but he finds out that Melanie was here with Nash, and they were probably here on a date.

We both felt bad for Matt because we know he really liked her.

Melanie's POV

I kept on tripping over the big stuffy Nash won for me, but I didn't mind much. "Nash can we go on the Ferris wheel?" I ask. "Of course" he said. We got on and the girl who was working at the Ferris Wheel actually was a fan of Nash's.

"Can you take our picture, thanks" she said and threw her phone and me. I snapped a photo. She was being rude to me on purpose because I was here with Nash. "It's blurry" she scoffed and started getting all mad at me and making rude comments. "Sucks" was all I said which made Nash laugh. We both got on the ride and left her with a angry look.

"I'm sorry, she was rude to you. She's just jealous of you" he said and put his arm around me.