Ch. 8 (Part 4)- Manhunt

She used every bit of strength she had left to open her eyes and utter one fragile word, "J-Hope?..."

    The two men stood from their chess game and lurked towards me, "What do you think you're doing here? Think you can stop what we're doing, is that it?" The man on the left reached behind him and removed a glinting object from his back pocket- a knife. The second guy talked again, "We're in the middle of some pretty important business, so I suggest you pick up what common sense you have and get the hell out."

    I looked at them, then to Minjee, firmly standing my ground, "No."

    Minjee shot her gaze up and shook her head violently. The first man, in a black t-shirt and severely ripped jeans, laughed and pointed the knife in my direction, "Are ya sure, pal?"

    "Positive," I spat, barely able to see past my blinding hatred. Nothing could stop me.

    "If you say so," the man in black said, twirling his knife between his fingers before catching it and smirking. The second man in a biker's jacket mimicked the first and retrieved his weapon.

    The man in black pounced. Minjee screamed. He swung the knife by my abdomen, but I jumped back in time to dodge it. He swung around and went for an elbow to my head which I dodged just as easily. Biker's jacket attacked from the side, throwing a trained punch towards my head while the first man prepared to roundhouse kick. I countered swiftly by grabbing the sleeve of his jacket, ripping it from his arm, and tying it around the other man's foot.

    The man in black cursed as he hobbled on one foot, the second man swinging desperately to remove his now tied-up jacket.

    This bought me plenty of time to run to Minjee and begin to free her, "Listen to me, I've only gotten approximately 8 seconds to untie you, so I can't finish. You'll have to do it on your own. As soon as you do, run, and don't look-"

    "Ahh! Behind you!" she screamed.

   The men had freed themselves already, and the only thing I was able to catch was a leg flying towards me. I ducked and was back up at lightning speed, ramming my elbow with all of my might into his side. While he was downed, I bolted to the other side of the warehouse to keep Minjee as safe as possible. "J-Hope!" she shrieked in concern, adrenaline finally waking her up, "Please! Don't do anything! Just stop!"

    I watched helplessly as the message inevitably appeared right in front of me.

I froze.

"Wow, that was easy," the man in black breathlessly slurred, "Good little android."

    I sucked the air through my teeth in complete rage as they began to circle around me like hyenas.

    "I mean, what are dog's for, am I right?" biker's jacket commented slyly.