Part Three

Part Three

     It was a cold autumn morning. I shivered as I walked down the dirt road to school. My back throbbed with the fresh whippings.  It was 1/4 mile walk to school. Usually it was my favourite time of the day and today was no exception. It was still somewhat dark out and the rising sun reflected off of the small pond I passed everyday. 

     I stopped and relished in the view. A breeze passed by, rippling the water and tickling the long grass. I breathed in the crisp air, the motion hurting my back. I pulled up my shirt to check for bleeding. 

     I loud growl made me jump. I slowly turned back around and saw three pairs of eyes turn to look at me. I was frozen in place. The eyes were golden, probably 5 feet off of the ground. Whatever they belonged to, they were big. Slowly, they came forward.

     I gasped as I saw three huge wolves. One silver, one black, and one tawny. The looked at me with curiosity. The black one growled, making me jump again. Pain seared through my back at the action. I looked at my back again, to look for bleeding. I saw the wolves staring at it in what I thought was horror. The tawny wolf, the smallest, whimpered and looked at me with sad eyes. 

     I looked at the others. The black wolf looked at me with a puzzled expression. I looked at the silver wolf. His eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly open as he took me in. He slowly came out of it and took a step forward. He kept coming until he was a foot away. I held out my hand, never taking my eyes off of the silver wolf. He was by far the biggest. Oddly, I wasn't scared of him. 

     Hi looked at my hand and then leaned forward and smelled it. He whimpered and leaned into my hand. I started stroking his surprisingly soft fur. The tawny and black wolves looked at the exchange with wide eyes. 

     My cell chimed at a new text. I looked at it, cursing as I realized I would be late if I didn't go right now.

     "Where r u?!?! Grl, u betr hury or ur guna b late! xoxo, Cassidy" Cassidy is my best friend. 

     I looked up at the wolves, then started to run to school.

***

     I arrived just as the bell rang and sat in my seat in the back. Cassidy, who was in front of me, turned to look at me. 

      She mouthed, Where were you?

     Today she was wearing neon blue leggings, a neon yellow skirt, and a neon green top tank top. Her shoes were shiny, bright red, 3in heels. Her dyed blue strip was pinned back with a cheetah print clip. She had orange eyeshadow, and purplish red lips. Her huge hoop earrings hung from her ears.

     Tell you later, I mouthed back.

     "Can Lacey McBoche please come the the office?" The voice over the intercom announced. Everyone turned to look at me. I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed out of the classroom to the office. 

     I walked in the office and came up to the secretaries desk. Mz. Roana, a kind older woman probably in her 60's, smiled and told me to go into Principal Smith' office. I walked to the door and knocked. I heard a 'come in' and slowly opened the door.

     "Y-you wanted to see me Principal Smith?" I asked quietly.

     "Yes. Lacey can I introduce you to Tier, Zahn, and Spur von Herzen. Tier, Zahn, Spur this is Lacey." He motioned to me. I looked up and looked at the most beautiful people I've ever seen. Two guys and a girl sat in front of me. They all looked alike. The girl was probably 5' 6" and had short dark brown hair and glowed. She had beautiful blue eyes. The guy to the right of her had dark brown hair too, only slightly darker. He was around 6' 3" easily and had pale blue eyes like his sister.

     Lastly was the guy to their left. He was the most gorgeous out of them all. He had almost black hair, caramel skin, and bluish grayish eyes. He was probably slightly taller than his brother and just as fit. I got lost in his gorgeous eyes.

     They looked at me as if recognising me. I quickly snapped out of my trance and muttered a quiet hello. Principal Smith got back to talking.

     "Lacey, I would like you to help escort them to their classes and help them find their way around, ok?" He asked, more like told, me. His tone made it obvious that this wasn't open for discussion.

     "Yes sir. I'd be happy to." I said quickly. 

     "You are in good hands." He said to them. "I trust you to take care of them, Ms. McBoche." he said to me.  I nodded and we headed out. As soon as we got out the girl squealed.

     She grabbed me into a hug and started bouncing up and down. "Hi! I'm Spur! It's soooo nice to meet you! I hope we become friends!" She squealed. She inhaled deeply. "You smell nice!" She said.

     I detached her death grip from me. "Uh thanks, I think? I'm Lacey, It's nice to meet you Spur."

      She smiled ear to ear. "This is Zahn," she said pointing to the slightly smaller guy. "and this is Tier." She said pointing to the most gorgeous. I looked at him and got lost in his eyes again. I memorized his face. I realized what I was doing and snapped my head back down, blushing slightly.

     "Nice to meet you." I murmered. "I, uh, noticed your accent. Where are you guys from?" I asked shyly.

      Spur, who was probably the chattiest of them all, spoke up. "We're from Germany. Our mom is German and our dad is American. So we know both languages." She said proudly.

       Without thinking, I opened my mouth. "Do you guys ever speak?" I asked with a small smile on my face. Then I blushed, realizing what I had just said. Zahn's mouth turned up and he smiled.

     "Yes. We do. I " He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "am Zahn my lady." I blushed and heard a growl like noise come from behind him. I raised my eyebrows at Tier. Had he mad that noise?

     He stood glaring at Zahn with a death stare. At his look Zahn's eyes got wide and his mouth opened a little. Then he looked at me as did Spur.

     "I-I'm sorry, did I miss something?" I asked, all amusement gone.

     They recovered quickly and Zahn gave his brother a knowing smile. Spur started jumping up and down squealing through the smile that looked like it would break her face.

      "Nope." Zahn said, popping the 'p'. "This is going to be fun." He said. Just then the bell rang and I cursed under my breath.

     "Come on we should get to class." I said as we headed to their classes.

******************************************************

Hey! What do ya think so far? Hope y'all are enjoying it so far! As always comments, suggestions, and help is always wanted and appreciated.

xoxo, GiGi <333