Part Eleven

Part Eleven ~ Lacey's POV

      Tier froze for a moment but hugged me back. He said nothing and I relished the feeling of being in his arms.

     "You are not afraid?" He asked, sounding shocked. I pulled back and looked at him. He was wearing basketball shorts and a white t-shirt that hugged him perfectly. Before Alexis had died, I had been a COMPLETE bookworm. I loved vampires and werewolves. I thought they were wild and free and graceful.

      And this beautiful stranger in front of me is one. I just stared at him in awe for a moment, before answering.

      "Why would I be afraid? I would think if you were going to kill me, you would have done so already, right?" I asked. He tensed up and clenched his jaw.

        "Never. Ever. Would I even EVER consider hurting you." He said seroiusly. My mind was screaming for me not to believe him, to run now. But my heart and soul were telling me that we should love, trust, and be with him. I really wanted to.

        "So. You're a werewolf?" I asked. 

     He sighed. "Yes. But we prefer Höllenhund. Werewolf is too stereotyped." He said.

     "W-will you tell me about you?" I asked hesitantly.

      He nodded. "Höllenhund means hell hound in German. Our greatest ancestors were hell hounds set to the world without their humanity. But some slowly gained their humanity back and ended up becoming half human, half wolf. Every one of us has what is like a split personality. Our wolf is us, but they have a mind of their own and a different personality. Mine's name is Baldur. My wolf, as you've already seen, is silver. We are about the size of horses and have amber eyes." He paused, letting me take all of this in.

      "So wait." I stopped him. "You basically share your body with your wolf, but they're still you?" I asked. That's actually kinda cool.

      He nodded and continued. "Like regular wolves, we live in packs. Every pack has ans Alpha Pair, Beta Pair, Commons, pups, and Omegas. My mother and father are the Alpha Pair and I am their successor. We are like royalty in a way. My title is Prince, Alpha Prince, Alpha Male, and if someone were to call me Sun God, it would be the greatest form of respect. For my mate, she is called Princess, Alpha Princess, Alpha Female, Luna, and when she is called Moon Goddess it is the greatest form of respect.

      "Every Höllenhund has a soul mate. Their mate is their other half and the perfect match for them. Their souls are bound and are linked in a very deep and spiritual way. They feel a pull towards each other, sparks and pleasurable tingles when they touch, could stare into each-others eyes forever, find their scent mouthwatering, and always crave to be in their presence. There becomes tension until they complete the Mating Bond. To do this there are several steps. First they touch for the first time. Then they kiss for the first time. Then you have your wolf meet your mate. Then you present your mate to your pack. After, you Mark your mate. Lastly, you Bond with them. Bonding is really just , uh , well to Bond your mate, you mate them." He looked anywhere but at me and a blush crept onto his cheeks. 

     He kept going. "When you meet your mate and have introduced her to the pack, she goes into what is called Heat. It means that the female is always really turned on and the purpose of this is to get her mate to Mark and Bond her quickly. Once she is Bonded to her mate, the Heat spikes for about a week but then settles down. That happens because it's supposed to show the male's wolf to get her pregnant. The Heat comes twice a month for a couple days at a time. Once is when it's a full moon and once is when the female is ovulating.

      Mates can be Höllenhund or human, though human is very rare and highly praised. When a males mate is human, he gains a small amount more of humanity and their pups are born with more humanity also. The last human mate was probably 130 years ago. 

       Not only do the wolves gain humanity, the human gains some stuff from their mate. They are slightly moodier, can heal faster, are hungry more often, have higher metabolisms, become slightly stronger, slightly tanner, can't contract human diseases, and have other minor physical changes." He said.

       I took this all in. Wow. A horrifying thought came to me. "Tier, do you have a mate?" I asked, scared of the answer. He looked at me funny.

     "Of course. She's a cute redhead who has the sweetest scent and loveliest personality. I love her American accent and how she bits her lip when she's nervous or embarrassed. She's very sweet and my whole world." 

     Is he talking about...?  No, he couldn't be...  Is he...? 

     "Lacey, you are my soul mate. You are mine and I am yours. You are my world. You are my universe. You are mine." He said.

*****************

Another cliffhanger! Mwahahahaha I'm Evil! 

lol Hope yall are enjoying AYG and I'll upload soon! Please comment and give any advice you can!

xoxo,

GiGi <333