Chapter 13

She is the most outrageously beautiful thing on the planet. It feels great to be in control of her. Being her man. I thought as I sat on the couch in the living room next to Lukas. They were watching another football game. I've never been a fan of football, just watching people throw around a ball. I want to be next to her. I want to feel her skin up against mine and I want her to know that I am in control. I know I shouldn't see her right now, but I have to know if she needs anything so I ask Mary to go check on her. She obviously agrees and heads off to Lily's bedroom.

Women are so easy to manipulate. They just take our word for law and never disobey more than once. Half an hour later Mary comes down the steps and I follow her into the kitchen. "So?" I ask her.

"She's fine. She wishes for entertainment." I don't want her to stay awake with the potential to get sick again, but I do hate that she has to be up there by herself with nothing to do. I nod my head to Mary and walk up the steps to my bedroom.

I walk to the bookshelf across from the door and grab two of my favorites. This should be enough. I won't allow her to be up there for too long. I swiftly walk out of the room and down the hall to where she is supposed to be sleeping. When I walk through the door, she is not where she is supposed to be, nicely tucked into her bed. My anger begins to rise at this sight.

My anger peaks when I see her walk calmly back into the room without making a sound and move quickly towards the bed from the bathroom. "What do you think you're doing?" My voice is raised but she's lucky I'm not screaming at her. She jumps and spins around to face me. Good now I can see her eyes. Her poor scared eyes. She should be scared. She should be punished. It's a good thing she's only been here a day and I feel like being generous.

"I had to use the restroom." Her voice cracks and she looks frantic. Poor girl. I feel sorry for her. She was just rescued and she's new to this way of life. But that's no excuse!

"Why didn't you pee when Mary came in here a moment ago?" I ask, getting angrier by the second.

"I'm sorry Jeremy. I wasn't thinking. Please don't be angry," she pleads. Don't be angry? I should show her just how angry I am.

"Lay down," I command through clenched teeth so it won't come out as a yell. She does as I say and I immediately calm. Not fully, but enough that I know I won't feel the urge to take her to the basement and give her a real punishment. I walk up to her bed and sit next to her legs. I grab her chin and pull her towards me. "Tell me it won't happen again." I order and she complies without hesitation.

"Yes, yes of course it won't happen again." I feel my face muscles relax and I let go of her face. She means it and that's all I can ask for.

"Good. I brought you books," I look down at them and almost hand them to her but think better of it. This will be her punishment since she hasn't been here but a day. "But I think you've proved yourself untrustworthy. Go to sleep. You are to be dressed and down to breakfast at 7:30 sharp." I start to walk toward the door. I say with my back turned, "Don't even think about disobeying again. You won't like what happens."