Chapter 17

We were in the car, heading to the doctors office for my ultra sound. What happened with Iren really had me spooked.

"Turn right in .564 miles" The GPS said. About five seconds later, Jared turned.

Jared sat in the drivers seat, me in the passenger seat, and Kerren was sitting smack dab in the middle of the back seat, poking my head. He's been poking it for the past minute or so.

"Will you stop!" I yelled at him, turning around.

"Never!" He said with a laugh.

Raising my hand, I go to slap the back of his head when Jared slams on the breaks. Kerren and I both go flying forward.

"Ow!" Kerren whines, rubbing his nose. Nothing happen to me, really, because I was strapped in, where Kerren wasn't.

"Both of you, knock it off!" Jared yelled. I could tell that he wasn't really angry, just annoyed. Kerren, on the other hand, was clearly scared. Jared starts to drive again and Kerren regains his 'manly courage'.

"Look at us. we're like one big family already!" Kerren said. "So when are you going to push out that human you are digesting?"

"Stop talking" I say. He his really getting on my nerves.

"But, but" Then, Kerren starts making weird baby noises. What is he doing?

"Holy shit, shut up!" I yell.

'Can I kill him?' I ask Jared through our mind link.

'No.' He responds, his face remaning emotionless.

"Blah blah blah. Are we there yet?" Kerren is whining.

"You are such a child!" I shout.

"Well, I'm just getting you used to being a mother!" He sounded happy about annoying me. "Blah blah blah. I want food. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom," he whines, dragging out the "m" on the last mom.  "I'm hungry."

'How about now?' I ask Jared. He thinks about it for a moment.

'Quickly'

I unstrap my seatbelt and lunge at Kerren. He dives back and my fingers just barely scrape his throat. Dammit! I missed. Jumping in the back seat, I sit on him, squishing him.

"Oh...my...god. You're so...fat" He wheezes. I slap him on his beet-red nose, making him squeal in pain.

"I think your nose is broken" I laugh. Slowly, I climb back to the passengers seat. I strap back in, an feel the car move. That's when I realized that Jared stopped the car. Back we go on the highway!

As we walk into the building, I can feel people stare at me. I look around and notice that half of them aren't even close to being as big as I am. Suddenly, I feel very self-conscious.

As I walked to the receptionist desk, I heard one woman ask the girl next to her which one she thought was the father. The girl replied that she didn't know nor did she think even I knew.

Oh, I so wanted to hit her.

I get to the reception desk and the girl looks up at me. She is very pretty, with long black hair tied into a bun. Her bright blue eyes light up as she sees me.

"Sabrina? Hey, girl!" she says.

"Oh my god, Kaylee! Hi, How have you been?" I ask shocked. I knew she worked at a doctors office, but not this one!

"I've been good. Um, do you know?" she leaned in over the counter. "Have you...shifted?" she asks quietly.

"Oh, yeah. In fact, I'm the new Luna if the Full Moon pack" I whisper. Kaylee squeals. "You find a mate?" I ask. 

"Yeah. His name is Mike."

"What pack are you from?"

"Oh, I'm from the Death Riders pack."