Chapter 19

I see Jared's face fall as Kara and Kerren both gasp loudly. Jared looks upset, hurt, and confused all at the same time. Suddenly, I burst into laughter.

"I'm just joking with you. It's either this, or I start crying unbelievably. You won't want that. Then, I would be a mess that wont be cleaned up for a while. I would love more than anything than to be your wife. Yes, I will marry you, Jared Caller."

"Oh thank god!" Jared says as he kisses me passionately. He breaks away, and slips the gorgeous ring on my finger.

"I'm so happy! I'm going to be a mother, and now I'm engaged to the one man I love most!" I squeal.

"You are so twisted. Why am I even your friend?" Kerren asks.

"So the guy who thinks I ate someone thinks I'm the twisted one? And because you love me." I reply.

"Hey! Two someone's, remember? And I do not!"

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Ahem" Kara butts in.

"Sorry." We apologize at the same time.

"Do too." I mumble. Kara shoots me a look and I shut up.

"Congratulations, both of you. Your estimated due date is July 17." Kara says to Jared and I.

"Thank you." Jared says while all I can do is smile like an idiot.

"Wait, next Friday?" Kerren asks. Kara nods.

After cleaning the goo off my stomach, we walk back to the main lobby. I run up to Kaylee.

"Kaylee! Guess what?" I ask.

"What?"

"Well, two things. One, I'm having twins. And two-" I stop short and hold up my left hand. She grabs it and gawks with amazement.

"He proposed?" She asked in wonder. All I could do was smile and nod. "Damn! How did he afford that?"

"Kaylee!" I yell, yanking my hand back.

"What?"

"Don't be rude. I don't care how he afforded it. It's beautiful, and the best part is is that he's the one who gave it to me!" I squeal, drawing the attention of others. Kaylee notices the attention and gets and evil glare in her eyes. I know her too well to know this won't end well.

She stands on her chair and pretends that she is holding a microphone.

"Kaylee don't!" I start, but I'm too late. She's already speaking. 

"Attention K-Mart shoppers!" She yells. Everyone looks up at her, some even laugh. I start to blush an fidget with my hands. Jared comes over and grabs my waist.

"What is she doing?" He whispers.

"I have no idea." I reply.

"Can I have a round of applause for the newly engaged couple right here?" She finishes. Everyone applauds, and I even catch Kara clapping from the doorway.

"Well I guess we know which one is that father now." I barely heard the words over that clapping.

My head snaps in the direction of the two girls who were whispering about me before. The girl who just spoke is staring blankly at me while the other is giggling. I start to make my way over two them. The girl who spoke elbows her friend in the ribs, who then stops laughing. I get in front of the girls and squat down. I realize that they only look about 15.

"What was that?" I ask. The clapping stopped by now and everyone is staring at me. "I didn't quite hear you."

"N-nothing, Miss." Says the girl who spoke.