Chapter 9

-Matt-

Right now I'm just sitting on the couch waiting for Katie. She gets done swimming at 8:00 then she needs to go home and get her studying stuff and drive to my house which puts us about 8:30. It's now 9:00. I was getting worried because of course the worst things come to my mind; did she get in a car accident? Did someone kidnap her? Did she drown? I texted and called her five times and no one answered. So I just sat there waiting for someone to walk through the door.

{ 1 1/2 hours later }

"Oh my god Matt I'm so sorry" I heard someone say as they barged through my front door.

I spun my head around and saw Katie standing there still in her bathing suit.

"Are you okay what happened?!" I said rushing over to her and handing her a blanket.

"Ya I'm okay my swim coach just decide we were going to have practice till 10:00. I went home to get changed and stuff and realized that Cameron had my key and he is at Nash's house, my parents were also gone so I couldn't get in my house" she said.

"Why didn't you answer my texts and calls?"

"Be-" she started but I cut her off.

"Before you answer that let me get you a sweatshirt and a pair of jogging pants to wear you look cold" I said.

"I thought you would never offer" she said and I laughed.

I ran upstairs and grabbed a hoodie and a pair of jogging pants. When Katie cam out into the living room after getting changed she sat beside me on the couch.

"Okay so now back to my question why didn't you answer my texts"

"I didn't answer them because #1. I don't swim with my phone I think it might ruin it and #2. I shut it off and never turned it back on " she said

"You had me worried Katie"

"I'm sorry" she said. She lied down and put her head on my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair and we sat there silently.

-hayes-

I grabbed my laptop and logged in. I decided now would be a good time to Skype Jaclyn. She answered almost right away.

"Well finally! What took you so long to skype me?!"

I laughed "sorry"

"It's okayy" she said

"I miss you a lot it's so boring over here" Jaclyn said sighing.

"Ya I miss you too I have to deal with Katie, Matt, Cameron and Nash"

"I would rather have them than nobody"

"Ya I guess your right" I said.

"I know that I just skyped you but I really need to go" I said

"Oh okay" Jaclyn said ad I shut off my laptop