Chapter 1

"Good night Your Royal Highness," the maid says after sitting down a silver tray containing Jackie's nightly tea on the nightstand.

"Good night Marie, thank you," Jackie replies.

Once Jackie is finished brushing her hair she gets into bed alone again. At this point, she is tired of going to bed alone every night. Longing for the big strong arms to keep her warm. Her problem is she has yet to find a man decent enough to make it to a second date, let alone a third. Every man she has dated is either a nobleman or a Prince from some other foreign country. They all seem so far to be complete jerks, who only want to date her because she is Queen. 

What makes it even worse her mother and Parliament are pressuring her to find a husband. Since her father's death, they feel like her finding a husband is a priority along with the other long list of responsibilities she has. If it was up to the both of them she would have been married by now to who they felt is a good suitor. She, however, wants to fall in love, not just with any man. Everything has to come naturally, not forced. Like the song says "You Can't Hurry Love."

Jackie sighs and takes another sip of her tea. Tonight like every night before she goes to bed she watches a little tv while sipping a steamy cup of chamomile tea. Ever since she ascended the throne due to her father's untimely death she hasn't known what is like to get a goodnight's sleep. Chamomile tea seems to be the only drink to help her relax. Honestly, insomnia at the age of twenty-three shouldn't be an issue for her but it is. 

Taking a quick look over at the clock on her nightstand it's a little past eleven pm. She needs to go to sleep as she has a long day tomorrow. Tomorrow morning she is meeting a millionaire CEO named John Kennedy who is building a technological high school there in the city. She and Mr. Kennedy are participating in the groundbreaking ceremony and dedication. So she needs to get her beauty rest.

Finishing her tea and sitting it back on the tray, Jackie pulls the covers up to her chest. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day than today. Also, she needs to update her secret Royallovers.com online dating account.