Chapter 8

*note: a part of this chapter is loosely based on a scene from the movie Fifty Shades Freed.

Jack is lying his head in Jackie's lap while she is running her fingers through his long mane of hair. They weren't saying anything just sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace enjoying each other's company. Again they manage to find time to have dinner again, using the school's progress as the reason.

Jack is studying her lips. They look so soft and full. How the pink lipstick she is wearing makes them poutier. He is tempted to kiss them. Oh, how he wants to kiss them while his arms are wrapped around her waist cupping her cute bottom. It also didn't help that she is touching one of his erogenous zones. He loves getting his scalp massaged, it relaxes him and also turns him on. Right now he is aroused by the beautiful woman whose lap his head is laying in. The flirting, the secret glances, and her teasing nature is making his resolve wear thin.

Their friendship has turned into more late-night conversations and texts. It still didn't mean he doesn't want her, and he knows that she wants him too. The sexual tension between them is so thick that it can be cut with a knife. The little outfit she has on tonight screams seductive. He likes how the short skirt she has on rode up her thighs when she sat down. Then the blouse she is wearing gives him a peek of her cleavage where the silver locket rests.

"You need a haircut," Jackie says breaking the silence.

" I know, I've been so busy I haven't had the time," he replies.

"I can do it for you, I used to cut my father's hair all the time."

He sits up and looks at her.

"What?" she asks amused.

"I'm just surprised that's all."

"What that I can cook, sew, and cut a man's hair? You know there's more to me than being pretty," Jackie replies.

Jack smiles, "I know that it's just you keep surprising me the more I get to know you."

Jackie smiles shyly, her cheeks turning pink. He loves it when she acts shy.

"Beauty and brains are a seductive combination," Jack says moving a stray brown curl from her face.

"Stop it, Jack."

"What? You're an amazing woman. You should be hearing that all the time."

"I must say, Jack Kennedy, you know how to make a lady feel special."

"There are not many special women like you Jacqueline Bouvier," Jack replies kissing the back of her hand.

Jackie giggles. He smiles placing another kiss on her manicured French tips. For a second he thought he saw lust in her eyes.

I found a spot, he thinks to himself. Internally he sees it as a challenge to find the others.

"So do you want me to cut your hair or you'll pass?" Jackie asks.

"Well considering I've already seen your work, why not?" Jackie smiles and takes Jack's hand guiding him upstairs to her bedroom.

"I'm going to get the bathroom ready, I'll be right back," Jackie says before leaving him alone.

He is impressed with the design of their bedroom. He can tell that Jackie designed it. Most bachelors didn't take much time in the design of their homes. They just needed somewhere to lay their head, a bathroom, and a kitchen that functions. He knew he didn't care before Inga.

Thanks to her she brought life into his dull home and made it feel homier. She got rid of his old beat-up furniture from college. Redecorated with a cozy couch and warm colors. Chic end tables and a dining table. He just let Inga have fun and he would just be satisfied with the result. Now his home is warm and inviting, just missing that special lady to share it with.