The Aftermath

That had not just happened. Oh gods, I really was a freak. What the hell was I gonna do? Ama and I had continued on the rest of the day trying to act as though nothing was wrong. The Gang seemed more than a little shell-shocked, I really hoped they would pass it off as a hallucination. It's not like they could convict me or anything for it.... could they? As soon as we were in the door from school Ama grabbed my arm making me shriek with pain. She muttered a sorry and dragged me up stairs. Wrenching open the door she pulled me inside and threw me into the bed. She jumped up next to me and pinned my hands to the bed.
"Talk." She said
"O-ok. I don't know what happened, it's never happened before. I think it's linked to the drawings I do on my palms. It might be because... because...
"What?"
"Maybe because for the first time, I feel... safe and.... loved." I whispered.
I turned my gaze to meet Ama's eyes. She was crying.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry!!"
She shook her head and grabbed my face pulling her lips against my own. Oh. That was all I could think. Ama wrapped her arms around me and e fell flat on the bed. We broke apart twin smile on our faces and gazed up through the sky light.
"That was really what i wanted to tell you yesterday. I loved you. So much Mika so much. We're gonna get through this, we can pass it off so far as some sort of fluke. Let's just apologise tomorrow and see how it goes from there. This isn't going to end well." She said smiling brightly at me. She kissed me again and that was how we fell asleep; curled up together. Thank god we had no homework.