Chapter Two

"That was really fast" my mum says just as I walk through the hallway to the kitchen. What on earth is she  preparing,  I guess vegetable sauce because I see carrots and some diced green whatever on the slab. "I only came back to help you out" it seems the lie I told earlier is not an actual lie, I'm about helping her here. "That's great, help me with the flour mixture" she's smiling at her neatly diced veggies. "Sure" I'm really helping her, I've never actually cooked with or for her.

Okay I guess I didn't introduce myself to you, pardon me. I'm Brenda Miguel, the second child and only daughter of my parent, I'm 16. I love painting and music. Okay that's gonna be enough for now.

Dad comes back from work looking like hell. "Hi dad, you look like you're gonna stop breathing if you don't get something in your stomach" I tell him jokingly. "Sweetheart I guess you're right" he brushes my shoulders and walks to my mum, with a kiss on her forehead he greets her. They're so romantic I guess not as romantic as Lucia's parents.

After dinner I clear the table and do the dishes, I hear dad talk about Tristan, he was suspended from seminary school for getting into a  fight. What could possibly make him fight? Well he better gets his ass home I really miss him. I take out my phone and dial the number on the paper given to me today.
On the second ring I hear him "hellooo", "hi its Brenda" I reply with a hush tone . "ayeee thanks you called" his voice comes out too loud and I take the phone a little bit far from my ear. "Yea, I just wanted to say hi that's all", " don't be, uhm don't worry, I'll save it up for whenever we meet again" his words makes me anxious, I really want to know what he was  about saying. "Okay, bye goodnight" I say through the phone and hang up. He seems, well I don't know the word to describe him.

It's 11pm, its past my bedtime but I lay on my back facing the decorated ceiling in my room. The images of those four cute guys pop up but one of them keeps appearing. His woven black hair and brown skin, his body, so masculine. "What on God's name is wrong with you Brenda" I stop thinking for a moment. Well I can't help that I'm thinking of Mark. This is crazy.

Mark's POV
"That girl is hot Mark" Kelvin admits. "I'm aware Mr, I think she's new here" I tell them proudly. "Yea yea she has never seen us before and I don't think I have either" Kofi chips in. "Leave that out, I'm saying she's fucking hot, she's..." Kelvin brags licking his bottom lip. "Kelvin that's my meat to take" I'm getting angry at his words . "easy man, I see you're losing it already" Kofi turns to Kelvin again giving him a warning glare to shut his mouth.
I'm going to knock his teeth into his throat if he says one more shit about Brenda. Just as I'm thinking to myself Pishan our Indian play boy gives us something that causes us to shut our mouths. "What the heck??? Man I'm in" Kelvin says as he lights a stick of cigarette. What on earth made Pishan bring this idea. "I think I'll join the game" Kofi looks down at his drink, avoiding my eyes. "I guess you playing Mark?" Kelvin smirks at me, I hate this nigguh, but he is my fucking homie

(Please don't forget to vote. I love you all so much )