Chapter Seven

Kelvin's POV

I join Pishan who tells me Mark is around but I don't see a Mark-like figure around. We flip for a long time perfecting to 360° air flip. As soon as we're done, I feel my head pounding and my eyes, heavy.

A brown skinned, brunette run past me hitting my phone from my grip to the ground but she doesn't turn to say sorry, she keeps running like she's being chased, I look around to find a dog or a cop chasing after her but I don't find any. I realize the brunette is Brenda Miguel, yes its her I contemplate on running after her then I remember I haven't picked my phone, I pick it keeping it in my back pocket. I stop and hear Pishan hailing someone. "Fuck its Mark" why on earth is our Indian boy hailing Mark. Wait a minute, I saw Brenda running from the same direction Mark is coming from. "Oh fuck it, Mark is playing a fast one here" fisting my right hand, I release myself walking to him like I didn't notice anything. "Homie what's up, you took long" Mark asks me stretching his arm for a handshake. "I've been here for about an hour now" I tell him with a smirk. "Yea Mark ran after some chick, I don't really know" Pishan spits out before Mark could stop him. "Woah, you must be" I clear my throat before saying something my angry mind is pushing me to say. "Whatever man, have you learnt the 360° flip?" Mark asks me taking off his shirt. "I should be the one asking that since you disappeared with a chick instead of perfecting yours" I say  impatiently. My anger is getting the best of me but I have to act like nothing happened right now. "Easy man" Pishan says facing me. "So who was the chick you vanished with Mark" Pishan asks Mark with puzzled eyes.
Pishan just asked Mark a question and the asshole just fucking shrugged.. He must be joking. "Mark, tell us , remember we don't hide anything from each other especially issues involving chicks, I smirk at him with anger. "its a random girl please" he answers throwing a back flip. "So did you hit it" Pishan asks him raising an eyebrow at Mark. "Nop" Mark bluntly replies. "I got a call from Kofi, he won't be coming this morning, I got classes to prepare for, see you later", I tell them and leave

Brenda's POV

I'm really thinking as the words Mark said repeat itself in my head. "Could this be true or its just a joke to test me" I ask myself starring at my decorated ceiling. Brenda Miguel don't fall for it.
I hear my door creak and it opens revealing my mum. "Hey Miss" she says with a smile. "Morning mum" I reply, sitting up. "Your dad has sorted out your school and you can start today, get dressed the bus will be here in less than an hour, breakfast is set" she informs me rolling her eyes at the end of her speech. I didn't just call that a speech did I???
Its just 6:45am. I can get ready but my head is pounding now, it hurts. I freshen  up, taking mg schedule book and a pen with me to jot down my lecture periods. I'm nervous and I take something for my headache after breakfast. "Honk honk" I hear,  the school bus is here. "Mum, the bus is here" I tell her. "Have this" she hands me a lunch pack. "Mum I don't think I need this I'm in highschool  now" I tell her refusing it. "Who on earth told you that a highschool student doesn't take a lunch pack?" You better take this.. Put it in your school bag if you don't want to starve till you're back. Hurry, don't be  late on your first day " she tells me giving me the pack. "Thanks mum, bye" I tell her as I leave the house. Oh God help me with white kids this session in  Washington.
Well after history class, its break period, I walk to the cafeteria, I get fries and remember I was given a lunch pack. "Thank you ma'am I'm okay with this" I tell the attendant but she insists on giving me fried turkey alongside the fries. "It goes with the fries dear" she says giving me a warm smile. "Alright thanks" I roll my eyes without her notice, walking back to a bench, but it seems the whole benches are taken.
I see a group of girls and walk to them. "Hi, please can I sit with you" I ask giving my best nice smile. "Sure" a girl with pink and cream hair tells me. I hear the other girls hum annoyingly but I have to pretend I didn't hear and eat quietly.

Thank you
Don't forget to vote, click on the star beneath this chapter. 🙏💕💕