Chapter Thirteen

My eyes are burning hot as hell, I've cried all my energy out I ended up taking a long shower, tied my hair into a messy bun, put on a short and camisole and lazily climb down the stairs.
"Holy angels" I whisper exclaim. At this point I wish the ground can open up and take me in but nope, nothing like that will happen. "What's he even doing here?" I say to myself silently as he walks up to me, kneeling before me.

"I'm sorry Brenda, you may see me as a bad guy and all but I really do have feelings for you, which is not a bet this time, I swear" he tells me with a sympathetic face.
"What am I to do if you have feelings for me?" I tell him with no emotions to be read on my face. "I want you to trust me, just have a little trust and ....." I cut him short.
"Oh you want me to trust you after involving a bet and making me a fool around your friends" I scoff.
"No, no, I never wanted to do this I just had to because my friends wanted me to" he tells me still kneeling.
"Can you hear yourself ? So if you were told by your friends to kill me, you would right?" I take a glass, filling it it water and drinking while he continuously watches my every step. "Hell no, I'd be dammed, listen Brenda, I love you and it's not a bet I swear with my life. I'm not ..not..supposed..to...to say this to you at this time when things are a bit messed up, b..but I just have to, like ..em ..." He speaks nervously, I'm almost convinced but hell no, he joined his friends to place a bet on me.
"Whatever, is this all you came to say?" I ask him, rolling my eyes. "Uh..n..ye..not really.. But yes " he stammers. "Oh fuck" he smacks his head with a fisted hand. I don't really know what to feel, happy he apologised or angry at him, ignoring his apology.

"You can go home we'll talk later maybe on phone or so" I tell him, getting up from the single couch I sat on.

Guess who the guy is ?

Mark's POV
  "Whatever, is this all you came to say?" She questions me, rolling her eyes. "Uh..n..ye..not really.. But yes " i stammer. "Oh fuck"  what's wrong with me, I'm  now a stammerer, i smack my head with a fisted hand.

"You can go home we'll talk later maybe on phone or so" she tells me with no emotions, getting up from the single couch she sat on.
I think I shouldn't have mentioned I was part of the betting shit.
I feel like an asshole right now. For the first time I'm intimidated by someone. Not even one of the most dangerous guys in Washington but a girl, a beautiful and calm sweetheart, I think I love uh. Yes I love her, I don't know how to win her heart. Maybe few days or weeks will help her get over this drama, then I can get her, at least Kelvin is the bad guy now, I smirk and chuckle as I mention the nigguh.

I'm walking down to my car but I'm startled when I hear my name from a girl. "Who on earth knows me in this neighbourhood" I look round forgetting to look at a particular direction. "Mark" she calls out again. Its Brenda, she's standing on the steps, I can't help but  smile before turning to face her. "Are you busy today... Eh..um..I mean ..like now..are you going any...somewhere t..to do something.." She stutters. "Nope" I answer  nervously.
"Can we watch a movie" she asks me, walking slowly to meet me. "Sure, we can go to the movies, bills on me". I swing my hands playfully. "No, Mark, I mean inside" she holds my left hand. Her hands are smaller than mine but cute. "Uh..you mean..your house" I ask her unsure if she really wants me inside. "It's not my house, it's my dad's and yes I mean inside here" she smiles weakly, making me blush like some kinda idiots getting praised for their idiotic ideas. "Sure, I will.. But when will your mum be home" I ask, thinking her mum won't like the idea of me being here for extra hours. "She won't complain till it's 7pm, we have about three hours, so relax your nerves while I get us snacks" she reassures me, leaving the parlour. I sit on one side of a long couch, she comes in with some sandwiches, sweets and pineapple juice. "It seems she's getting something else" I think to myself as she heads for the kitchen again. My thought is right she hands me a beer and some raspberries.
"Oh my" I quietly exclaim starring at the center table, inches away from me. I hope she isn't planning to make me eat much and punish me by ....... My thinking is cut short as I feel someone sitting on the same couch as me. She sits close to me and I'm getting nervous to notice the film just started.

Brenda's POV

Why's he restless or maybe because I'm close to him. "Hm hm" i clear my throat getting his attention. "Are you okay, you need water" he asks me taking a glass cup , filling it with water before I can reply. "Here, sorry about that" he tries helping me but I take the glass from him, placing the cup back on the table without drinking. I chuckle at his confused expression watching me do this. "You should put on this expression more often" I giggle playing my fingers across his face. "Uh" he looks more confused. "Well I want to ask you some questions but I'll only ask if you promise to be honest, so promise you'll be honest" I take a bite of my sandwich, looking at him,then back to the  television. "Y..yea.." He says. "Nope, say you promise" I correct him. "You promise" he tells me chuckling. "You're sick, you know" I giggle at his joke.
"Okay, I promise to be  honest" he replies hiding his anxiousness with the joke he told.

(Sorry guys, I don't want to make this chapter so long)
Thanks for reading, keep reading, vote and share.
My love for you is much 💕💕💕