Twenty Six

Brenda's POV

We are eating as a family...

"Tristan will be going to school on Sunday" dad informs us and I see Tristan grin while taking a forkful of his fries.

"You didn't tell me Tris" I fake a frown at him.

"I was gonna do that but dad just said it now, I'm sorry" he rubs my thigh.

"Hmmmm I wish I had a brother, these children get me jealous" mum rolls her eyes.

"Don't worry honey you have me here. I'm better than your wish for a brother" my dad tells her as he leans forward to kiss her lips.

"Hm hm hm" Tristan and I clear our throats and they stop to stare at us.

"Okay you see what brothers and sisters can't do" dad chuckles causing Tristan to frown.

"You know I'd be kissing Brenda like that just that she'll bite off my ear" he mocks.

"I'm glad you know that" I giggle.
_

After dinner, I clear up the table while dad and Tris play video games. 

"Good night dad" I tell him..he pauses his game.

"Come here sweetheart" he pulls me to him and kisses my forehead.
"Good night baby" he tells me.

"Night Tris" I mock.

"Hmmmmmmm" he hums still playing his game.

I walk up to my room.

I lie in bed and I think about the dance competition. Mark really hurt me.
He said Kelvin ..... My phone beeps. A text from Pishan.

Brenda, there's something you've gotta know. Kelvin has proven to be manipulating things but trust your boyfriend Mark. The whole thing with Steph was set up by Kelvin. You may not believe but Mark loves you so much. I care about your feelings dearie.. Good night .

I reply him  almost immediately .

How much were you paid for this. I know they're your friends but you don't have to fool me always. Please don't text anything relating to Mark and Kelvin's issue. Good night.

With that I turn off my phone so no one can reach me.

"Brenda" Tris calls out...

"What" I snap.

"Open up please"  he begs
"Yes. Mr" I open the door and he goes straight to my bed..

"What happened aren't you going to sleep" I ask him turning off my light.

"Yea.  But not yet... How're you.." He raises a brow at me.
"I'm good, what " I reply bluntly.
"Are you pissed at me for not informing you about my school" he asks holding my hands.

"Yeah.. I'm a little bit but not... I'm still angry." I tell him.

"I'm supposed to know this first" I blurt out.

"I'm so sorry I didn't know dad would spill it.. He got the mail so he surely knew first.. Awwwww my puppy is gonna miss me" he strokes my hair.

"Yeah I'm gonna miss you doggie but it's for the best you know." I lay on his chest.
"Yeah exactly" he replies patting my back.

"Stay with me tonight" I ask
"Sure I'm here." He pulls up the blanket and I fall asleep on his chest .
___________________________

I feel sad, he's going again..
He's been getting ready for his trip and I just fake my happiness.. I'm not happy..
"New York??? Why not Washington.... " I ask myself.

"Hm hm...what's she thinking about this time" I hear Tris but I'm still trying to get myself out of the thinking zone.

"No..nothing.. Hey bro.." I greet. He doesn't reply but comes to me and hugs me.

"Stop thinking.. I'll be home on my breaks... Besides its just about 4 hours drive." He gives me a reassuring smile.
I think I'd be fine..

"So you'll be off in two days.. Pheeeww! " I shake my head.

"Yes ma'am" he smiles at me.

"How's your preparation..are you nervous"  I ask him..

"Yea but if I could survive in that prison.. I'll definitely survive in a Freeman's land" he chuckles..

"You better be a good boy over there" I warn ..

"Yes mum" he laughs making me laugh too.
_____________________

"Brenda!!" My mum calls me.

"Yes ma'am I'll be down shortly" I quickly put on my slippers.

"Someone is here to see you" she informs me.

I look to see Mark..
I walk to meet him..

"Come with me.. Let's go to the field" I tell him.

"Sure", I hop into his car and he drives us to the field.

"Why did you come to my house?" I look out of the window..

"I need to see you.. I've missed you " he replies.

"Okay so what are you seeing me for" I ask, smirking .

"I've not been myself ..I missed you a lot.. I want you to understand I love you more than any other person"
He holds my hand but I shove him off.

"Do you know why I asked you to come here with me " I ask him.

"Uhmm no. I don't" he answers. I really don't know why his voice is so calm.. Oh.. He's asking for forgiveness.

"Yea.. Someone would have beaten your ass if you were there.. And I'm not sure you're a good match for him when he's angry.. I just saved your nose though" I smirk at him..

"Your dad" he ask with wide eyes.

"Nahh , my brother.. He was gonna break you nose the other day but I lied it wasn't you who came visiting."

"He knows about us?" He asks me.

"Yeah. So what's the issue" I roll my eyes and he chuckles.
"What's funny, you think my brother is Kelvin right " I snap.

"No..no.. The way you rolled your eyes though.
"Whatever" I blurt out.

"Brenda I want to make things work well for us.. Like  I really don't like us having issues and..."

"Oh yes we're gonna have issues like this if you always allow your friends know everything about us." I interrupt him.

"Uh..about my friends, I'm sorry I'll make things with us private. He responds..

" uh so what? Can I go home now ? " I ask him rolling my eyes.

"Lets hangout a little more please" he begs.

"Mark, I really love you but I can't let you keep hurting me. I'm sick of it please" I tell him fidgeting with my fingers after a short silence.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore I love you so much babe please, I promise"  he tells me holding my left hand.

"Why should I trust you this time" I scoff.

"You love me Brenda and I love you more. I'm not perfect but I can try to make things not look awkward" he kisses my left hand which is still in his grip.

"Hmmmmmm" I hum, smiling to myself.
"Yes baby" he leans in and places a kiss on my forehead.

"That helps" I roll my eyes playfully.

"So we are good yeah" he asks grinning at me.
"I never said so" I giggle.
"I love you so much" he tells me.

"Okay that's enough for now I need to get home" I poke his dimple.

Thanks for reading this far please click on the star below to vote...
Do share and comment..
💕💕💕

Love you much 💕💕💕