Chapter Twenty-three

Mark's POV

"I'd drive" Kofi offers.
"Great but Brenda is coming with us" I inform them and they widen their eyes.
"Alright. So we'd be using Marks car right" Pishan asks.
"Nope, mine" Kelvin smirks.
"No problems then" I agree and he breathes out heavily.
"Kelv... Be good please." I tell him.
"I'm good" he scoffs.

"I wish us the best, we've been winning and we have to win this one too." Kofi tells us.
We hug ourselves before getting into the car.
Kelvin seats with Kofi at the front seat. Pishan stays on the second row. While I go to the third.
We arrive Brenda's house and she's in her driveway.
I step out to get her.
"Hi babe" I kiss her forehead.
"You didn't tell me he's gonna be in the same car and why using his car" she rolls her eyes.
"Let's just hop in first I'll explain" I assure her as we get into the car.
"Hi Kofi" she greets
"Hello babe" he replies starting the car.
"Hi Pishan" she greets... "Hi Brenda  hope you're good" he asks  her. "Yea I..I am thanks"
"Hey Kelvin" she smirks but he doesn't see her from the front seat. I smile at her demeanor..
"Hi Lady" he replies.

"Now you explain" she whisper yells at me.
"We just have to  go together and since you were coming, we decide to use Kelvin's car since his has enough seats. Don't be mad at me please." I explain.
"I'm not mad at you. Well hope you guys are prepared to take another gold"
"Sure we are." Pishan raises his hands..
_

Brenda's POV
We get to the venue, they take out their bags and we walk into the hall.
I watch as girls look at the five of us. Well I guess I'm not included. The guys are hot so....
I hold Mark's arm, he holds my waist  as we walk. We stop by a desk officer, Kofi registers the group and we are given a group ticket.

We take our seats. Soon the hall is crowded and the hosts come on stage.

"Hello everyone" the male host greets.
The audience return his greeting.
"Welcome to our annual dance competition, are you happy to be heeerrreeee!!!" The female host asks.
"Yeaaaaaaaa" the audience cheers.

I hold Marks hand and he looks at me.
"Are you okay babe" he looks at me.
"Yea.. I just.. I am happy... I'm nervous." I honestly tell him.
"Nervous? You're not dancing you'll only cheer us up" he chuckles.
"I know but I want you to win." I lean on him.
"Sure we will. He kisses my hair.

"As we know our three time group winner are also competing today. Give it up for the STEPPERS " the female hosts hails as Mark, Pishan, Kofi and kelvin stand up waving their hands at the audience and I cant help but stand to hug Mark as photographers take pictures. He hugs me back kissing my forehead again.

"You're welcome team STEPPERS and we're glad to have you on our show once more. I hope other groups are prepared to face them" the male host chuckles making the audience laugh..

"We'll begin by respecting our great country as we stand for the national anthem" the female host urges us to stand as the national anthem goes.

"Once more y'all welcome. We shall begin the occasion now by announcing the procedures and how awards will be given at the end of the show" the male host announces .
_
They begin calling groups one after the other to perform. The six judges keep writing God knows what as each group performs.

Mark and the other guys have gone to change into their costumes as I seat alone fidgeting.

They call out Marks group
The song starts. It's Wrist by Chris Brown.

I'm screaming at the top of my voice as they flip and throw stunts.. The audience are cheering them much louder than the other groups.

The song is actually a mix tape. Panda by Desiigner starts and  a rap beat to finish it ..
They dance like robots causing more cheering from the audience.. And finally they're done.

Mark's POV
After dancing we go back to our seats and I see Brenda  smiling widely. She hugs me again and tells whispers.. "Great moves baby"
"Thanks sweetheart" I reply her.
She hugs Pishan, Kofi and Kelvin. Kelvin holds her long and I gently  take her hand, as he let's her go. I give him a glare and he rolls his eyes..

_

They call the best five for awards.
They all go on stage.

"The third position goes toooooooooo the Chaplains" the female host announces.. Handing them their bronze and a dummy check of  $10,000.  They jump around the stage and applauds from the audience fills the hall. They go down the stage

"The second position goes to CrossedRoads" the male host announces and they are given a silver cup and a dummy cheque of $15,000. Audiences applaud them also as they go off stage.

"We have three more groups and one will be crowned winner." The female host comments..

The audience keep shouting "Steppers! steppers! steppers!"

"Let's be quiet for a second please we are about announcing the winner of the 2018 annual dance competition." The male host pleads.

The hall goes silent.

"Well we were expecting the steppers to take the lead this year but we are truly sorry things changed" the male host announces.

I see Brenda holding her face in embarrassment but that's not the end though.

"We wish to announce the 2018 winners. Truly we ain't sorry to announce the winner is team Steppers" the female host screams.

I see Brenda jump up screaming..

A female runs to hug me ad kisses me deeply I pull out and it's Steph..
"What the fuck, Steph are you mad" I pull away.
"What, congrats baby" she tells me and I see Brenda leave the hall. I have no idea where to find her.
Kofi notices and gives me a quick direction to the angle she ran to.
"Thanks man" I thank him.
I run off stage.. People are starring at me like I'm losing it but its not about me.. I need to find Brenda.

I find her outside trying to get a cab. I quickly shut the door she opened.
"Brenda please I didn't know she was here." I hold her hands.
"Go back.. I think she's the Steph right? Just go back. You invited her too. What's your plan with me... Please let me be" she's already in tears.
Today's meant to be a fun filled and happy day but it's ruined already. I'm still to make up to her and another problem popped it ugly head.
"I didn't invite her, I swear. I didn't even tell her about the dance or anything. Please" I beg.
"Go back to her Mark"

Brenda's POV,
They announce Mark and his friends, winner and just as I'm screaming, I see a blonde  hugging him and she kisses him. I can't feel my ears again. Everywhere is quiet in my head and I feel my legs very feeble I fall back to my seat. I get up and run out of the hall.
I wave a cab, it stops and I open the door. Someone shuts it pulling my hands.

"Go back.. I think she's the Steph right? Just go back. You invited her too. What's your plan with me... Please let me be" I tell him as tears roll down my cheeks.

"I didn't invite her, I swear. I didn't even tell her about the dance or anything." He tells me still holding me.

"Go back to her Mark" I snap, shoving him off but he grabs me tighter.

"Baby please." He turns to the cab and tells the driver to go.
"You better get another cab for me" I roll my eyes which are burning now.
"Let go Mark. I can't face this with you. It's not been up to a week when you told her you love her and you claimed it was just to make her feel good. You're making someone feel good at the expense of your girlfriend's happiness. Just go" I push him away.
I wave another cab and he tries telling him to go but I open the door hopping in.
I give the driver my address.
I feel dizzy and I sleep off.

This one is long. I'd be taking Marks POV, after her departure to the next chapter. I don't want this to get so long.
Bear with me please. Vote and share thank you 🙏💕