dos

daniel's head hurt. it hurt a lot.

he opened his eyes and closed them again. there was too much light and that gave him even more headache.

why does my head hurt so much? daniel wondered.

oh. no.

he just remembered what he had done the last night. he was beginning to doubt if it had been a good idea to buy that bottle.
he didn't like that headache at all.

he put his hands to his head, trying to remember what had happened since he only had bursts of memories.

in one, he was in the store buying the bottle of alcohol.

in another, he was sitting on the street drinking that bottle of vodka alone.

in another, he was crying in pain. he was hurt, something was making him feel that way.

in another, he was crying inconsolably on a boy's shoulder.

and in the last one, he was laughing with that same boy.

but he didn't remember any of those moments properly. and that bothered him.

i won't drink more alcohol in my fucking life, daniel thought when he felt the dizziness as soon as he got out of bed.

he looked at the time on his bedside clock and got scared. it was half-past four in the afternoon. how much had he slept?

when he opened the door of his room he saw jonah sitting on the floor with his back against the wall. he had been waiting outside daniel's room since daniel arrived home.

jonah suddenly got up when he saw the blue-eyed boy and hugged him without thinking.

when their bodies collided in the embrace, daniel felt a throbbing pain in his hip.
his eyes watered, he wanted to cry but he didn't.

maybe it's just a blow i gave myself yesterday.

although it wasn't a blow, daniel didn't remember that.

"don't ever do that again," whispered jonah in daniel's ear. it seemed that the eldest didn't want to let him go.

daniel was quite surprised, he didn't understand what was happening. but he wasn't going to ask, he liked how jonah was being with him.

he liked jonah.

"you have worried me a lot," jonah spoke again but this time he separated from daniel breaking the hug to look him in the eyes.

jonah's blue eyes were red, he didn't seem to have slept much.

"what happened?" daniel asked whispering.
his own voice caused headaches.

daniel's question didn't improve jonah's concern. it made him worry even more.

"don't you remember?"

jonah didn't like to think of daniel alone on the street, without being aware of himself and without the ability to defend himself.