Order's coming in.

Chapter 13: Order's coming in.

I said goodbye to Charlotte and Ayshea as their coach was due to leave.

"Stay safe Karen" Charlotte said as she climbed on board behind Ayshea and took their seats.

The coach pulled away, Tom and i waved to them until we couldn't see them anymore then left the station surrounded by four big security men. The journey home was a quiet one and i kept looking at Tom who seemed a little on edge, i took hold of his hand and he looked at me smiling, i decided i needed to say something just to break the silence.

"So what time is your flight tomorrow?".

Tom looked at me and smiled as he knew straight away what i was doing, "It's at 1pm, crazy idea, come with me?" he said placing his hand on my thigh.

"Tom, i would love to but i've got appearances now" i said taking his hand and kissing his knuckles.

"I hate that i'm leaving you, knowing he is out there" Tom said undoing his seat belt and moving closer to hold me in his arms "I want to keep you safe and you coming with me would keep you safe".

I smiled up at him "Tom, you have got me four big burly men to keep me safe, plus our Nik is arriving later and he will keep me safe".

"I know, i know, i will call and text you every day, i love you!" he said holding me tight.

"I love you too" i said looking up into his eyes.

When we arrived back at the apartment we again had to run the gauntlet of reporters and paparazzi, walking into the apartment i placed my bag on the table and Tom took my coat. I offered to make some lunch dinner whilst Tom went into his office as i neared the kitchen i noticed a single white rose stood in a glass on the breakfast bar as i went to read the note that was placed with it, i saw that the balcony doors were open. Suddenly a flash of my nightmare came into my mind i rushed over and quickly pulled the doors shut and locking them, i scanned the living area, stairs and landing my heart was pounding in my chest and my hair was standing on end, i suddenly bolted to Tom's office scaring him as i fell through the door crashing to the floor.

"Karen, what's happened?" Tom said racing to my side to help me up.

"He's here, or been here, how? how can he of been here?" i said in an almost psychotic state.

Tom picked me up and we walked back out into the living area, no one was about, Tom went to the front door and the next i knew several security men lead by Max Russell, a tall ex SAS soldier, were searching the whole apartment while they did i started baking my nerves were shot and i couldn't think straight i just kept throwing ingredients into a bowl and mixing by hand to take my frustration out on it.

"Mr Hiddleston, there is no one else in the apartment, but....." Max said

"But what?" Tom said looking at me then back to Max.

"It seems that someone has climbed from the balcony below and then jiggled the doors from outside" he said glancing in my direction "If your away sir, we have to move Miss Frost somewhere else while your away?". Max said placing a radio and keys onto the breakfast bar and picking up the white rose and note. He read the note then showed it to Tom, i had already read it and it had freaked me out more than i realized.

Tom gave the note back to Max and asked him to pass it onto the police, then with a look towards Max as to say OK wait outside they all left and Tom sat at the breakfast bar watching me. I didn't look at him i just kept stirring the batter and placed a square tin on the side and poured the mixture in, then placed it in the oven. It was then that i turned round to find Tom starring at me.

"I'll be OK" i said trying to sound convincing and failing as i sat down opposite him.

"I'm pretty sure you would be OK" Tom said with a glint in his eyes "God forbid you do come face to face with him, by the way you gave that mixture a beating i think you could give him what for".

We both started laughing and Tom got up from his seat and went to put some music on "Dance with me?" holding out his hands and gesturing for me to take them. I laughed and placed my hands in his, the song was quite up beat and we danced around the apartment and when the song switched to MC Hammer Tom started really showing his moves making me laugh and trying to teach me how to copy his moves. I gave up and flopped onto the sofa never taking my eyes off of him. When the song finished he laid down next to me.

"Want to watch a movie" i said running my fingers through his hair while he laid his head on my stomach.

"Sure, which one do you fancy" he said pointing over to his dvd collection, it was then that i realized all of my dvd collection was there as well.

"Hey, did you bring all my dvd's here?" i said getting up and going over to inspect then turning round to see him looking a bit sheepish "So which of my dvd's will we watch?".

He grabbed the back of my jeans trying to pull me back down but i stood fast "Oh no my choice then, i choose this" i held out Guys and Dolls and he smiled.

"OK, as long as we can watch Amityville after?" he laughed with a wicked grin knowing i hated horror movies.

"OK" i agree as i cross back to the kitchen to check on the cake, as i took the cake out Tom picked up his phone and ordered take away "You know i won't be able to eat much and from what you just ordered i doubt you will eat it all, any way i would of cooked!".

"If i can't eat it all, i'll let Max and the boys have it" he said laughing as he came up behind me to lean over and smell the cake "Mmmm smells good, can i have a piece?" trying to reach past me and grab a piece.

"No, Tom, cake has to cool, it's not good for you hot from the oven".

"Really, oh OK, i think i will be alright" he says laughing and reaching past me to break a chunk off and running back to the sofa jumping over the back turning quickly to see my reaction.

We had our meal whilst both singing along to Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando, when we had finished Tom placed the cartons in the recycle and then put the Amityville dvd in.

"I'm just gonna change before you start that or you can go on and start the movie i really don't mind" i said with a grin as i was going up the stairs.

"No, i'll wait for you, don't take to long or i'll come in search of you".

"You could just come in search of me, i really don't mind" i said shouting from upstairs.

"Chicken, no i'm resisting that challenge".

We watched Amityville well when i say we i really mean Tom sat and watched it while i hid my head in his side most of the time, he laughed every time i jumped, We had a great time relaxing together shutting out the world and forgetting that Tom would be leaving for filming in the morning.

Thank you for reading. sorry this chapter is a little shorter but i'm actually baking 400 cupcakes, 4 cakes and 2 apple pies all for Iceland's charity week. so what do you think so far do you think Karen will be safe while Tom's away and will the police catch Phillip Rogers before he gets to Karen??????? Hope you have enjoyed reading this so far. lots more to come. xxx