For the Love of cake.

Chapter 16: For the Love of cake.

How long had i been here? it was dark and i was freezing, i wrapped my arm's around myself to keep warm, my head hurt a little, but i was more concerned about the little one inside me. I was waiting to tell Tom on Christmas Day whether he had been able to get home or not, But shouting to him the word's 'Baby daddy' i just prayed he got the message.

As i tried to stand i felt the pain shoot through my left side again, i was sure that i might have a broken rib or two as i also struggled to breath, i stood and felt my way along the black wet wall, it was not long before i came to a door, i tried to open it but it was locked. On the other side i could hear a radio or TV playing, i heard my name mentioned and that the police were searching for both Rogers and i but at this time had no leads, i then heard Tom's voice.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, i would just like to say that i love Karen very much and will never give up looking......, I um, sorry i will never give up looking for her, If she can hear me, Karen i love you just hold on please, hold on for ALL of us and to Phillip Rogers i say, you are a coward sir and believe me when i say that when i get my hands on you, you will not know what has hit you......"

I laughed at the thought of Tom hitting Rogers, suddenly the door unlocked and swung open Rogers grabbed me by my hair pulling me out into the dimly lit room.

"Bitch, do you think that was funny what your poncy boyfriend said? he will never find us and believe me when i say this, YOU WILL LOVE ME!".

I tried to wriggle to get out of his hold, but he had hold of my hair and the more i moved the tighter he pulled so when he was really close i spat in his face, Rogers threw me to the ground and started to kick my left side, i cried in pain and did my best to protect my little one without letting Rogers know i'm pregnant. After a minute or so he stopped and crossed the room to grab another drink, i knew this was my chance but as i tried to stand and grab an empty bottle to smash over his head, Rogers turned in time and charged at me slamming me into the wall behind, i fell to the floor landing on the empty bottle, as it smashed below me pieces cut into my skin and cut my wrist, blood started to pour out, i knew i had to stop the bleeding. Rogers pulled me back into the wet dark cupboard and re-locked the door.

I wrapped a piece of my torn shirt around my wrist and managed to stem the bleeding, something inside of me deep within my soul told me not to give up to fight for this little one and for Tom, this man had already taken one family from me and now i wasn't going to let him take this one. Tom's word's played over and over in my head.

I guessed it had been quite a few hours since the last beating, but now was waiting for Rogers to fall asleep, there had been no noise for quite some time, so i decided to use a piece of the glass i pulled out of my wrist, i jammed it into the lock of the door again cutting my hands as i did so, the key fell out and dropped by the crack at the base of the door, i managed to fit my hand half way under the door and grab the key, i heard Rogers move about so scrambled back from the door, i waited a few minutes before putting the key in the door and slowly turning the lock. As i opened the door i could see Rogers laid on a make shift bed opposite fast asleep or passed out drunk, this was the moment, this was my chance.

I made my way slowly and quietly across the room, feeling dizzy i placed my hand on the door in front of me as i opened it an alarm rang out, my eyes widened as i saw Rogers look up and my whole body was racked with fear but i ran not knowing which way to go, i could hear Rogers shouting angrily behind me but i just kept going. I soon hit a lit tunnel and ran left, looking behind i could see Rogers stumble and fall into the tunnel. I just kept running, my heart was racing and i could hardly see because of crying, soon i hit another door opening it i stepped out into an empty lot full of snow, the snow was falling fast but i could make out buildings opposite and could hear kids in the distance.