Burnt but still OK!

Chapter 15: Burnt but still OK.

Tom's POV.

I was sat looking through flight times to London, Ben had said that Karen need's me at this difficult time and i really needed to be with her to. Almost an hour passed and my phone rang it was Karen. I answered.

"Love are you alright" i said, god i miss her.

"Yeah, i just needed to hear your voice".

She asked if i had spoken to Ben, i told her i had and that he told me about Nik and how she fell asleep watching Of Mice and Men so he put her in bed, i was concerned, i don't know why i just had a bad feeling and knew the only way it would go would be to get home to her so i could hold her tight and protect her in my arms, like her i thought that Nik had been assaulted by Rogers but the police were convinced he's in France.

Karen started to reply that she was OK but then silence! it cut into me and i felt my heart almost stop, then.

"Oh my god BEN!" i heard her shout, i stood and started panicking

"Karen, what's going on? tell me!" i pleaded, i started grabbing clothes and stuffing them into a bag, she said that Ben had been hit, my heart stopped beating i couldn't think straight, i needed to get her out of there but all i could do was shout down the phone, when all i wanted to do was reach through the phone and pull her to safety.

"Get out of there now, get to Max, go NOW!". i heard myself shouting at her. I could hear her breathing then she screamed, i knew it, he was there and there was nothing i could do, i ran out of my hotel room with my bag and passport, i shouted demanding what was happening, i told her i was leaving on the next flight to London, she begged me to help her, she said his name. God i can't get to her she's all alone, i ran through the streets heading for the airport.

Then i stopped dead, i heard his voice.

"You think they can protect you? your mine and no one will keep you from me!".

I could here Karen scream then the phone went dead, i couldn't think straight, i just bolted for the airport running past a cafe where Marc Abraham my director was having coffee with Brett Ratner, i saw them in there and bolted inside.

"Marc, Brett, i have to get to London! i have to get to Karen, he found her! i said falling to my knee's with my head in my hand's.

"Tom! OK, we'll take you, are you sure he's......". Brett said kneeling down next to me.

"I heard him, she screamed for me to help but i can't, i can't do anything and i'm gonna lose her".

My phone rang and it was Max. A lump formed in my throat that i couldn't swallow, i was crying and Marc took my phone to answer it.

"Max, no his director, yeah he's here but in no state to answer, is Ben alright? where would he take her? he'll be on the next flight i'll make sure of it! get the police there now and contact the press, just find her.".

Marc hung up my phone and handed it to me.

"Come on Tom, we have to get to the airport". Marc said helping me up.

As we were leaving the cafe i heard Luke shout my name.

"Tom!, Tom!, i've been looking for you" he said catching his breath and waving his passport to show he was coming with me.

"He's got her Luke, why didn't i see it coming?" i said sitting in the back of Brett's car.

"I spoke to Max, someone let the press into the building, they had their hands full, then realized it was a distraction. By the time they got into the apartment Karen was gone, there had been a struggle, they found Ben and had him taken to hospital, she's gonna be OK Tom, remember she's a fighter"

Suddenly my phone rang and Karen's face was smiling up at me, i answered right away even though i was shaking like mad.

"Karen! love tell me your....".

"She's not gonna tell you anything apart from IT'S OVER!". Rogers said down the phone at me.

i could feel my anger burning inside me "Bastard, if you hurt her i'll kill you!".

"You!, who do you think you are?, you know nothing about her, what her favourite food or music is, i do and only i can have her, you'll never see her again, say goodbye baby".

I heard him walk towards Karen, who was crying, my heart ached but she's still alive, but i'm still not there, then i heard her speak.

"Tom" she said through sobs.

"I'm on my way love, please hang on, i love you" i said to her through my sobs.

"I, i, holy god please help me, aah no please".

"Bitch!" i could hear Rogers grab the phone from Karen and he must of hit here, "For that, she will never see the light of day again". he bit back at me.

Just before the phone went dead i heard Karen cry out.

"Tom, i love you, i love you baby daddy".

I stopped mid step in the airport as the phone went dead, those last two words she said 'Baby Daddy' it made my heart race, Luke and Marc looked at me.

"Tom" Luke said placing a hand on my shoulder "She'll be OK".

"I know" i said looking at him with tears rolling down my cheeks, "She's pregnant"

Thank you for reading this story i really hope you are enjoying it. What do you think will happen? Will Tom save Karen and his baby? x