One More Stupid Pun

You had known your best friends, Peter, Ned, and MJ since freshman year, when you had moved from the west coast to here, all the way across. They had welcomed you with open arms, them also glad to make friends, as they to were loners. It was nice in that sense, you had a strong relationship with them, by the time sophomore year came around, they were your family.

And family, you learn a lot of stuff about them, especially some 'fun' facts about each of them, mainly surrounding puns. See a fun fact about Peter and Ned is that they LOVE puns. Fun fact about you was that you HATED puns, wait, more like you despised them.

So far so good right? Well fun fact about MJ, she didn't necessarily like puns, but her dislike for puns was outweighed by her love of teasing and annoying you. So for two years they whenever they were bored, they all ganged up on you and would annoy you with puns, you weren't that annoyed since you knew they meant good, and secretly you would laugh at some of that inside your head. Again, they were your family. You were an only child, making you cherish your chosen siblings.

Another interesting 'fun' fact about Peter was that he was Spider Man. This you had found about around two months ago after homecoming. See, you had found out after iron man had left the suit in a bag for Peter, and you walked in on him in his room (who's door was wide open, really Peter?), just before he was about the put on the mask. So yeah, thats how you had found out. You had also promptly started hitting him with the bag as he was spouting a bunch of different spider puns.

"I've spent a lot a time on the web looking at Spider Man videos." You didn't even know spider puns existed, and now you knew around 50.

But now, you and Ned were the only ones who knew about Spider Man other than Tony Stark, and so you became closer to them. You were concerned about the fact that MJ didn't know, but Peter stressed it was to keep her safe, after all, both you and Ned found out by accident. (but after threatening to hit him again with the bag, Peter promised to tell MJ as soon as it felt safe enough) But you and Peter became especially close, which you found surprising given how much you threatened him with a bag, but it still made sense as you didn't bug him about Spider Man as much as someone (cough Ned cough) and you two acted like twins joined at the hip.

So today you all were going on a field trip to some science museum, you didn't know specifically cause you weren't paying attention, and you knew if you asked, it couldn't potentially cause more puns. But it wasn't like those three dorks were already bombarding you with puns on the bus. Since you guys were going to a science museum, which was a fitting destination for a science school, Peter and Ned decided it was fitting to only tell you science puns for an hour. And oh boy, you were ready to snap.

Pretty fed up you turned to your right, telling Peter while laughing "If you make one more stupid pun, I will actually murder you."

Peter just grinned at you ,knowing full well that you weren't that serious, but you were getting annoyed, so he decided to give you some slack, in about five minutes. But Peter loved bantering with you over puns, but right before he was going to reply back, he closed his mouth, starring at his arm intensely. The tension in the air around you had become more stronger, and you looked at him worriedly.

Before you could ask him what was wrong, Peter turned to you, telling, almost ordering you "I need you to cause a distraction". Surprised at his tone, you were about to question him further until you looked into his eyes, only seeing worry and seriousness, and you knew that this wasn't an elaborate set up for a pun. You nodded at him, causing him to become for determined and rummaging through his bag, before you turned back to the seat behind you, making eye contact with Ned, letting him know you needed help, as he was listening onto you and Peter.

You two caused a mess, when Ned looked around an saw a ringed spaceship, which created a beautiful diversion, all while creating a sinking feeling in your stomach. It got worse when you looked and saw why Peter needed the diversion. That idiot boy was heading straight onto danger. The one thing you knew he promised Aunt May not to do.

There were times you admired how caring Peter was, how selfless he was. This wasnt one of those times, and you wished just so hard, that he had decided to be selfish and stay with you, but you knew he would be back. He always came back.

So you waited for him. And waited. And waited. Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and by the time it was 4 fucking months, you weren't so sure he would be back anymore. But still you pretended that you had faith, because you that if you lost faith, so would Ned, MJ, and especially Aunt May, who had so many people already ripped from her. You felt the pressure of keeping the hope for him alive. Because losing hope was so much worse then pretending that there was still hope. But thats just what you told yourself.

And then one day, around 6 months after the field trip, you got a call. A very special call since it came from a certain Tony Stark. When you answered, you were so scared, unsure if he called with good or bad news but you hoped. Hoped it would be good, that your optimism and strength to keep the other people up and worked, that it wasn't all for nothing. But you knew, you knew that as time went on, it was more likely to be bad news.

And why did you have to be right. All you heard was "He's gone, I'm sorry".

That's all he told you in a crying whisper, with a ghost of a sob heard as he hung up straight afterwards, feeling guilty about delivering the news to you, the person who tried the hardest to keep hope. You stood there with shock, before sliding down a wall, hands going to you face, causing you to drop the phone, the screen shattering. You sobbed for several minutes, freezing when you remembered what you the last words you told Peter.

All you could say to yourself was "fuck you Peter, I was supposed to be the one murdering you for that pun", you laughed mid sob, causing tears to come down even faster as more guilt and sadness over washed you.

"I just want to hear one more pun from you Peter" you whispered, mainly to yourself, and also to the ghost of Peter that you were thinking about, "One more stupid pun".