Chapter 14 - WANDA'S POV

We get to the compound at around 1pm. I don't say anything the bus ride home. I don't know what to say. I'm not happy about what he did —I can fight my own battles— but I'm glad he did do it. When we walk in no one is home. I text everyone saying me and Peter are taking the bus home, so no pick up is needed. We go sit down at the kitchen island and Peter grabs a box of crackers.

"Look Wanda before you get mad I just want to tell you, I know you could have handled that on your own," Peter sits next to me and explains, "I know you're strong enough to do anything. But you have a way of keeping things in. You just hold it all down and don't defend yourself. Then it becomes too much and you explode."

He's not wrong. I nod at him. I'm not going to deny it because it's true. I wouldn't have done anything, I would have just ignored it until it got so horrible I couldn't take it.

"Peter I just don't want you to feel like you have to protect me. It's not your job to protect me." I say. He nods. He knows I'm right too.

"I just can't stand everyone treating you like that just because you're different. God, if they knew I was Spider-man, I don't know what they would do", he says. I laugh,

"They would probably think it's the coolest thing in the world. It's just because I'm me and you're you," I look anywhere but his eyes. "We come from different worlds, you would be even more popular than you are if people knew you were Spider-man. But my powers are different, they're more dangerous, less controlled. I don't know, I guess they'll always be afraid of me. Everyone is." He's looking at me so intently. I just keep looking at the counter.

Nat runs in quickly, with Steve close behind. "We have to go", Steve says urgently. We stare back confused. "Look I'll explain on the way, the compound isn't safe, we have to go now!" Something blasts through the walls.

It's the man with the wings, Steve and Natasha cough and heave from the dust and debris, as do me and Peter. "Peter Parker. Spider-boy." the Vulture says. "You've been getting in my way for far too long kid. Well not anymore. You may know who I am, but no one else does and no one ever will." He picks up Peter and is about to fly off when Tony blocks the way he came in.

"Yeah, see we kind of need the kid. You know he's a pain in the ass but we love him so, looks like your stuck, buddy". Steve throws his shield at the Vulture, but he ducks and it hits Tony. The man flies away with an unconscious Peter. I fly up and try to reach him, but he gets too high, Tony races towards him but every blast he shoots is dodged. Sam and Tony try to surround him, but he escapes. He disappears and no one knows where to look anymore. Peter didn't have his suit on and his phone is on the counter. I fall onto my knees. Nat runs towards me and wraps me in a hug on the ground. Steve comes and looks at me with sadness in his eyes. Tears start flowing out of my eyes, they won't stop.

Tony comes and lands next to us. He is in shock, so are Nat and Sam.

Steve drops next to me and hugs me. Tony's sad eyes stare down at us.

It all happened so quick, and now, he's gone.

—————
I SWEAR YALL ARE THE BEST!!! OMG 1k??? Thank you all so so much for reading wowie!! Anyways, so I've decided since I'm seriously super busy with school, being in an arts program and in two musicals, I'm really just gonna try and post once a week!! Next one should be coming saturday!! Love you all! If you want follow my instagram, @mculovess