Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Hey, (Y/N), it's me," I heard someone called my name. I looked at the person and saw a girl. She looked really pretty with her brown hair and black eyes. "Do I know you?" I asked her carefully, knowing that I never met her before. I also looked at her bizarre outfit. She wore everything in black, not a single spot had a different color. That's just what made her even paler than she already is.

"It's me Park Areum. We used to be in the same middle school until I moved to Seoul, "she revealed who she was. "What you? You've changed a lot" it came over my lips in surprise. She used to dress more colorful and her favorite color was pink. "Yes, I know ..." she said, rolled her eyes and sat down on a free chair. "Could I have a coffee? And a piece of strawberry cake would not be bad" she said, smiled slightly, looked up at me. "Um ... yeah, sure," I answered slowly. I wrote down her order on a notepad because I can never remember so many orders. But I'm better in to memorize song lyrics and notes.

After receiving all the orders from the customers, I tried to get all their drinks and meals as soon as possible. Some customers were not the most patient and then always complain, which we only take with eye rolls.

"You have now lunch break, (Y/N). Sit down to your friend and talk with her" said my colleague and put money in the cash register. "Ok, thanks," I said politely, bowing briefly. When I looked back to Areum, I found that she already had her piece of cake and a hot cup in front of her nose. It must have brought my colleague, as long as I was busy with the others.

"Hey, Areum, may I sit down with you?" I asked her a little shy, since I have not seen her for a long time and I had no friends in the upper school. When she heard me, she nodded strongly, pointed to the empty seat opposite her and said "Go ahead. I had plans to talk to you anyway."

"What is it?", I asked her and sat with thanks on the offered space. "Do you know ...?" Areum started, put her cup with both hands. "I missed it a lot, especially you as a friend. We had a good time, together we played a lot of pranks or did a girl's evening, which I miss very much. But the move had changed a lot..." she finished and looked with a sad face in her cup.

"It's really nice to hear that you have missed our time together, even I miss our time. After my dad died ... I would have wished nothing more than a friend by my side who was with me in my difficult time" I told her with tears in my eyes. I had to bite my tongue so that my tears would not escape.

"Oh gosh (Y/N)!" She exclaimed in shock. "If I had known, I would have gone back to be with you, even if my parents were against it."

Then there was a silent time between us. Each of us went to his own thoughts. "You said you live in Seoul now?" I broke the silence. Maybe we could spend more time in Seoul when I get there or when I want to be away from my stepfamily.

"Yes, my parents and I are still live there, but I plan to move out soon" she said, took a sip of her cup. "My older brother has already moved out, by the way, he is now married" she said and looked at me. "I heard what this woman said earlier. Do you know her?"

"Yes, unfortunately" I grumbled, my teeth bared. "She's a friend of my lovely stepmother." "She was not really nice" she dismissed her comment and tapped her fingers rhythmically on the cup. Somewhere I knew the tune she was doing right now, but I don't care. "Are you thinking of a certain song?" I asked her, tried to remind me.

"Yes, it's an own song from 'Street Carry'. Surely you've heard of her" she explained, hummed softly. I opened my eyes and stared at her with half-open mouth, but also because of my stupidity. How could I not recognize my own song? How stupid am I?

When I came to my senses again, I quickly shook off the thought and concentrated myself again to Areum, I said "Y-Yes, I know her well, she's good." How much I wanted to tell her the truth, but I can't because I don't know if I can trust her.

"You've probably heard about her new song, which she recently released on YouTube. Really great!" She raved uninterruptedly. "Maybe ..." it came softly over the lips. To distract the subject, I pulled her into another conversation about Seoul and our past. In the course of the conversation more and more memories came from us. Both good and bad ones.

When I talked to her, it felt like I was back in middle school and had a good friend, with whom I went to a café after school and got some good food there. All the bad things that happened to me in high school didn't exist at that time. No stepfamily that leaves out their frustration, anger and other feelings on me.

Suddenly the voice of my colleague snapped me back to reality. She said to me that my lunch break would be over within a minute.

"It looks like we have to say goodbye" I said sadly and got up with a sigh. After I got to my feet again, I pluck my uniform again. Areum ran her hand through her brown hair and got up, sighing as I did. "It doesn't have to be forever" she tried to cheer me up, while she patted me on the shoulder.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone and held it in front of my face. "You know what? I'll just give you my number. Write me as soon as you are in Seoul, I will be back in two days. We'll just meet there again, okay?" She said, immediately unlocking her cell phone. My eyes shone happily again, pure joy spread in my belly. "Great!", I barely accepted her offer because I didn't know how else to return her gesture. I have an old friend again as a friend. How it sounds funny ... easy to laugh about it.

I quickly typed my number into her cell phone and returned her property. "I hope we will meet again in Seoul" I said happily dreaming. "Yes, me too ... me too" she replied smiling and then paid for her menu. Before she left the cafe, she hugged me goodbye and left.

My rest of the afternoon I spent taking orders, serving customers, cleaning, nothing spectacular.

As the sun went down, the customers left more and more, until only we were left. When all the customers left the cafe, scrubbed the tables clean and later I'll sweep the floor. While I was fixing everything here, I hummed softly to myself.

A tap on my shoulder made me startle for a second.