Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Not exactly gentle, I was shaken by the shoulders. Someone stood over me and yelled shrilly into my ear "Come on, get up, (Y/N)!!" The one who just shouted at me shook me more than I didn't move. I tried to turn away from her, but she didn't allow it. "You will now stand up immediately, you ungrateful child!" Grumbled Stepmother, who seems to lose her patience slowly. She beat me hard on the back.

"It's good!" I said quickly, startled fast up and looked at her with my swollen eyes. Because of not much sleep I always get swollen eyes. As my vision cleared and I became accustomed to the darkness, I had to bite my lip to avoid laughing at the sight of her. I tried not to laugh amusing. She looked funny with the mask on her face. She also had volume wrappers in her hair and wore a light dressing gown.

Biscuit watched us attentively from his seat and listened carefully. His head was on his paws. "Good!", Stepmother said shortly and looked at me for a few seconds, to be sure that I would listen to her. I was much busier suppressing my upcoming laugh. If I started to laugh at her, she would surely want me hit. "Before the customers come to the café, everything should be light and bright," she said with a dark sound in her voice as she saw the corners of my mouth twitch dangerously. "Of all people, why do you say it to me?" I asked her, unable to figure it out. What should I do in her opinion?

"You'll go there right away and clean the whole café up," she interjected immediately, glancing at the digital clock over my desk. It's just three o'clock in the morning. "Right now!" She ordered without waiting for an answer from me. "WHAT?" I yelled so loud that biscuit jumped up afraid and looked around nervously. "Be quiet, stupid goose. Unlike you, some want to have their beauty sleep, "she scolded me. "A beauty sleep you and Eunbi really need" I insulted too quietly for her ears.

"Can't you wait afterwards? When it's not dark and early? "I flooded her with questions. Why should I be soooo early in the cafe and make everything clean? "I say what you have to do!" She barked at me and disappeared through the door. Before she finally left my room, she turned to me and said, "Before you pay your father's debts, you'll never get out of here. If you go away, some bad people will beat you up with, who will teach you a lesson." My eyes were wide open as I listened to her. "Did you just threaten me? Did I get it right?" I said shocked. How can she make such a threat to me after all the years I've been suffering here? I didn't do anything wrong!

Stepmother laughed bitterly and sang "See it what you want, stupid goose. You won't get away so fast from here." After that, she refused to have turned on the light before and left me stunned. I can't understand this woman. I crawled to biscuit with a sigh and snuggled up to his warm body. His fur stroked my nose, so that I had to sneeze. Gently, I stroked biscuit over his head and pressed him a quick kiss on it.

"You're the only one I can rely on," I breathed sadly, listening to the ticking of my alarm clock. For a while I would like to remain so before I will follow stepmother's command. Even if it's against the grain for me to follow her command. I still want to do it so that I can be free from the two demons as quickly as possible.

Although I have over one million subscribers in YouTube, I want to keep everything a secret. Someday, when I'm ready, I'll take off my mask and be as I am.

With these thoughts, I left my bed and grabbed a blue knee-high dress. With the dress I would wear black stockings and boots. In the bathroom, I allowed myself a hot shower. As the water touched my body, my muscles relaxed. A relieved gasp escaped my lips. "So relaxing," I said, washing myself. For my body I used a coconut wash gel and for my hair a shampoo with rose scent. Roses are my favorite flowers.

After cleansing myself from top to bottom, I started to brush my tooth and combed through my hair. So I can not disturb my hair at work, I made myself a messy bun. Satisfied I showered my lashes with mascara, I would not need more. I like the natural look a lot more than having tons of make-up on my face. Finish with everything, I left the bathroom behind me and prepared my bag, which I put next to my bed. I put in everything a woman needs. But my new phone I put it in the pocket of my dress.

"Come on, biscuit, we go for a walk" I talked in the direction of biscuit, who watched my every move. At once Biscuit jumped up and joyfully wagged his tail. "Well, my little one? You're glad." I chuckled as he looked at me with his faithful eyes. In one of the boxes I found his leash and left knowing that my dog would follow me.

Arrived at the door I slipped on a denim jacket, because it is quite cold at night and will soon fall. After that, I put biscuit on and quietly left the house. Outside, I turned to the right, I just went the way, because I know nothing here. When I walked around with biscuit for a few minutes. We entered a park nearby. There he let go of his curiosity and watched everything and did his business. While I watched him, I sang a quietly a song, which I want to put online tomorrow. This song is called "Piece by Piece" - by Kelly Clarkson. I think the song is so great that I just want to cover it in Korean. I would only need several hours for that. Once I put something in my head, I want to investigate it in any case. Only by music.

Unfortunately I was so busy observing biscuit that I didn't notice someone sneak behind me and put a hand over my mouth.