Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"A-Areum w-what are you doing here?" I asked stuttering the person behind the windowpane. She was completely wrapped in black. Still standing outside in the darkness, she looked at me through the glass. "Especially how do you know that I'm here? I didn't tell you where I was going, "I asked her the question that rushed through my head after I saw who stood outside my window. "Open it, then I can explain it to you better, besides, it's freezing cold here," she grumbled in a slight shaky voice. The tremor in her voice must probably come from the coldness outside.

I briefly shook my head over my heartlessness Areum. That's why I quickly opened the window for her and made a welcoming gesture in my room. "Of course, come in and warm up," I said, smiling apologetically, which I put on my lips.

Meeting my invitation, she hopped into the room and looked around curiously. It's been a long time since I last had a friend for a visit. In my memories was the last time before my father's death. As the Areum was inside, I closed the window quietly. I didn't want to be catch by stepmother or Eunbi. I didn't want to imagine what they could do with me if they knew I had someone in the house.

When Areum saw the extent of the devastation in my room, she opened wide her eyes in shock. "What happened here? It looks like a bomb had hit in here! ", it came over her lips in shock. After that her eyes wandered over to me and discovered my miserable appearance. My clothes were dirty from top to bottom, sweaty and sometimes there were also torn spots. Also, I'm sure my hair looks messy. "And, most of all, who did this to you?", she asked, gasping, and with a start she slammed her hand over her mouth. She almost pierced me with questioning looks. I couldn't stand her gaze, so I turned my head away from her direction. "I-I do not want to talk about it right now," I choked off her question. Even if she meant well, I had to hold back my tears with a lot of effort. Every second my tears want to break out, so I bit my lower lip painfully.

I could hear the footsteps she made to me. A touch on my shoulder made me stir her. Areum smiled at me as gently as no one has ever done to me since that day that completely threw my life off track. "We'll talk about it soon, (Y/N). I can see very well that something oppresses you", she said softly, while she patted me on the shoulder. "Hm? What's that? Looks like instrument pieces, "she said to herself as she stepped on something and looked what it is. She knelt down to get a better look. "That was certainly a very nice guitar," she said finally, as she found out which instrument it has acted up. She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear as she pulled herself together again. Her eyes fell on my guitar, which I hold firmly to me. In the eyes of Areum, I could hear some rattling after she silently read the quote on the guitar. Without a word she had formed the single words with her lips. "I-I can't believe it," she breathed in the end. "... was right," she muttered the first word so quietly that I couldn't hear what it could be. I am quite sure that the first word is a name, otherwise that would make no sense at all. At the moment, I didn't feel the need to know more about it.

Exhausted from today's exertions, I lowered myself to the floor again, put the guitar piece next to me and hid my tearful face behind my hands. Still, I didn't treat the injury of my hands, so they started to burn when they came in contact with tears.

Areum dropped down next to me, right next to the guitar, which she didn't pay attention to. She puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me close and strokes my hair comfortingly. "W-Why are you starting to cry now, (Y/N)? Is it because of your stepmother and stepsister?", she threw several questions in the room. Shocked by her last sentence my breath was gone for a few seconds, and I stopped crying. Areum has the nose of a dog!

I gave her my answer by nodding my head. " I see...", she nodded to herself. "Say, (Y/N) ... are you Sweet Charry?" She asked me a question that I was afraid I would get when my identity came out. As soon as I will drop off my mask and will sing without a mask. I'm not afraid to tell her my secret. I know she would never tell anyone without asking at first for permission. When it comes to secrets she is very secretive, which I really appreciate about her.

"You can tell me everything, (Y/N). You know that", Areum whispered in my ear. "I-I know," I sniffed with snot in my nose. My eyes burned because of the cry in the last hours. With the palms of my hands I wiped my eyes and blinked a few times to make my vision better again. My eyelashes were sticky and my throat was dry like the Sahara. Shortly I took a deep breath, before I said of myself: "All right, I'll tell you everything from the beginning. It all started with the death of my father..."