Part 13

Arnav was all smiles when Ratna entered into his room , he was not able to believe himself that Khushi is going to be his in few days.

MMhhh... Ratna cleared her throat, has my son come back to earth from his dream land. Arnav heard her question and started looking here and there.

MMm... Mom you said something...

Ya ya.. I was talking to the walls you see...

Mom... he whined, come sit here next to me I want to talk... Arnav said

He kept his head on her lap... Mom you know you are the best,

Ya I know say something new...

He smiles, no really I mean it... today you know for a moment when Shashi uncle was becoming adamant, I thought I will loose her.

Though I wouldnt have listened to him, but I know his approval means a lot for khushi.

But the way you handled it Mom, you saved my life...

Dhattt... don't be dramatic and pass filmy dialogues.

No really Mom by giving your consent for marriage though you know I need to study further, you have done a big favor on me.

Ratna slapped him lightly don't you ever say that again... A mother never does any favor for her children, I could see it on your face and khushi's as well...

The fear of loosing each other is very big chotey and I didn't want my kids to go through it, and more over I did it for khushi... I want her as my daughter in law... though I saw her today for the first time, but the amount of innocence I saw on her face.. it pulled me to own her as my daughter and even if I would have roamed all over the world.. I couldn't have found a better girl for you... the love she has for you... the love she has for her parents, the way she is ready to do anything for her loved ones, I think it takes lot of determination.

I am proud of your choice chotey... she is best match for you.

I know mom, she is the best... isliye toh dil haar gaya... woh bhi itni buri tarah se..

Ok now enough exams are coming concentrate.

Here when the Raizada family was relishing the happiness, gupta family had gone totally quiet.

Shashi still was not happy the way things shaped up, but he had no choice... he had totally ignored khushi and her existence, but the circumstances had made garima and khushi come closer, after all a mother can never stay away from her daughter for a long time...

Maa... are you angry with me? Khushi asked.

I was khushi... but now the way Arnavs mom has handled everything, I don't have any worries... I know you will be happy in their house... Khushi I know as parents we never understood you or tried to know your dreams, but one thing Iam sure that you will always be happy with Arnav.

Khushi got overwhelmed and hugged her mother... thanks amma your acceptance means a lot to me.

Garima wiped her tears and said, now go on concentrate on your studies exams are coming.

Next few days saw Rohan and Anjali spending lot of time with each other, the time they could have spent before were relished by them... its good they got some time to know each other better before marriage.

Arnav and khushi were totally into studies and as promised, Arnav didn't try to meet khushi in these days, though they spoke sometimes on phone... they stood to their words which were promised to shashi as they didn't wanted any drama during their exams.