Part 8

Hmmm.. so... khushi what is that you wanted to talk, you are looking a bit worried.

Rohan and khushi were sitting in restaurant which was a bit close to her house. Khushi was nervous about how to share her problem with Rohan, will he understand her??? Or he will become angry and deny to help her??? If so what will happen she will have to forcefully marry him without her wish and what about Arnav will he let her go and get married to an another man, all the thoughts were disturbing her... she just closed her eyes to calm her mind.

Rohan could understand that khushi was hell nervous from the time they entered the restaurant he could make out from her face.

He touched her hand to which khushi jolted and pulled her hand back... woohhh... relax khushi I will not eat you its just that you were not here.. somewhere lost in your world.. what happened khushi its ok you can share with me after all we are friends first.

Khushi took a deep breath... Rohan you know how I am or rather how I have been my whole life. My world revolved around amma and babuji... when we were in lucknow also I never had too many friends as amma never liked me getting social. All I knew were your family and you and from childhood itself it was told to me that I belong to your family and will get married to you. Somehow I knew what my future was and never had much dreams, except that I wanted to study and fulfil my dream of becoming a graduate before I get married and thanks to you it couldn't have been possible if you wouldn't have convinced amma and babuji for my studies.

Rohan listened to her carefully... khushi why are you saying all these now we know all these and I didn't do a favour on you... you were going to be my wife and fulfilling my wifes wish was my duty there is no big deal.

Please rohan let me finish... I don't know whether I will be able to express myself like this in future or not.

When I was starting my new life in Mumbai while joining college, I was pretty sure what I want... or guessed it so.. I will complete my studies get married to you and settle in abroad that's all.

But... my life changed Rohan... It changed completely after I joined college...

Rohan saw her eyes sparkling and showing a different emotion which he has never seen before.

I met some new friends who showed me the real meaning of happiness, that happiness was beyond what I think and feel... Lavanya, Akash NK and... Ar..nav...

The way she paused while saying Arnav didn't go unnoticed by Rohan... also the special gleam in her eyes was not missed. Am I missing something here he thought.

Khushi continued... I smiled... I enjoyed every moment of my life... and... and... I felt what is happiness.. what is love...

Rohan was now confused as to where is this all leading to.

Khushi... he called with a suspicious look ... what is it... what are you trying to say..

I... I... I am in love Rohan... I fell in love for the first time in my life... A girl like me who knew what her future was... who knew she is going to get married to her friend... she fell in love with a Guy who just came into her life like a cool breeze who gave her the shade and water in her parched life which was devoid of any emotion.

Rohan was shocked... he didn't know what to say he never thought that he will hear this from khushi.. its not that he was shattered falling in love is not a sin... but khushi... he never thought that she will ever express such an emotion.