"Thats Show Biz"

Camila and Shawn were in the studio conference room, pitching their idea that they could act as a couple to both their managers, Roger Gold (Camila's) and Andrew Gertler (Shawn's).

Camila POV:

"So you guys are gonna come together and pretend to be a couple for PR?" Andrew asked, confused on how both Shawn and Camila were more ok with this than they had been before.

"Yea. We both need a new PR. So we will bring back #shawmila. Is that how to say it?" Shawn cringed.

We both didn't like the ship because were such great friends and both closeted gays. We both cringed really badly when he said #shawmila.

"So you're ok with this Camila? I thought we were gonna get an argument out of you over this." Roger joked.

I just rolled my eyes. "Well we are best friends. We can cover for each other. It's decided. This or nothing Roger." I stated confidently.

"Alright. Then it's settled. We will write up the PR contract right now. May #shawmila rise." Andrew said happily and all hyped up.

"This is so exciting! I'm glad we're are seeing eye to eye Camila." Roger smiled a toothy smile.

"Yea whatever." I rolled my eyes. Roger was always trying to get on my nerves.

"So you guys figure this out. Me and Camila are gonna go out and hype people up for #shawmila." Shawn said fake smiling sorta cringed out that he was gonna have to play straight with his also gay best friend. Shawn and I walked out.

"This is gonna be good guys!!" Roger yelled out joyfully.

"Yes it will!" Andrew agreed also happier than ever.

-------
A few hours later...

Camila POV:

Shawn and I were sitting in a cafe talking.

"Thank you for being my PR. I couldn't imagine doing this with a stranger." Shawn said innocently.

"Yea. Same here.... I kinda feel bad for the guy though. Like he has to put his whole life on hold. Basically. And he could meet the love of his life whilst with me. And he could lose his chance with them. And like they have to kiss me in public. With PR the PDA is like crazy. And really unnecessary. So it's weird." I added.

"Yea. I get what you mean. I feel for the girl. Like they have a chance with you. But they are your beard. Like what if they actually fall for you. But they know you're gay. And that it's just for show. So they get all depressed. And once the contract is over, they still have to keep their mouth shut. It's like the contract never ends..." Shawn agreed with me. "Like as soon as I ended my little thing with Hailey, she got engaged like a week after. Not great on my labels behalf..."

"Yea. When Matthew was found "cheating", everyone went crazy. Made us all look bad." I stated.

"I also feel bad for the shawmila fans.... like they get so hyped about their ship sailing and then when the contract is over, their ship sinks... it leaves a lot of fans with questions..." He went on.

"Oh my god the questions. Like I feel for the fans because in interviews they say "oh we are gonna answer all your questions" blah blah blah all that jaz but the only questions they want answered, we never answer." I said sadly.

"You know they will never give up though Camila." Shawn said. "The camren shippers. They won't stop."
"I don't want them too. I know it's sorta annoying. And I hate being outed but I fucked up Shawn. I really did. And it's so stupid. I missed my chance. She's off with Ty. Looking happier than ever. And I'm stuck here wishing I took my chance instead of being a pussy who was scared to come out..." I responded. I was holding back tears.

"Hey Mila. It's not your fault. You know if you did take your chance, Roger, Todd, Kirk, the label would have your head. And Lauren's. They would somehow push you apart. I know it's hard. And I don't know exactly what happened but maybe you did Lauren a solid. Maybe it will happen eventually. I don't know..." Shawn tried to comfort me.

Shawn doesn't really know what happened between me and Lauren. He keeps trying to make me tell him. But he understands I'm not ready. Only her and I know what happened that I know of. Only Shawn and Taylor know I loved Lauren back but they don't know the full story or what happened that night. I wasn't gonna out her. I cared too much for her...

"Thanks Shawn. I still feel like it's stupid that we have to put on an act. Like America has gotten used to same sex marriage, and just gay stuff in general. This just feels like we are back to like 1930s or something. Like why do we have to put innocent people through all this shit." I sighed.

"Yea. I know what you mean... but you know what they say... that's show biz." Shawn agreed while showing Jazz Hands. We laughed for a bit because he looked really stupid with jazz hands. It was good to laugh. I needed to laugh.

"I'm glad you're my friend." I told Shawn.

"Like wise" he replied.

--------
Camila was in her house, going through her social media, seeing if anyone picked up on her and Shawn out today.

Camila POV:

"#shawmila out together!!"
"Screw you non shawmila fans"
"Shawn and Camz spotted!"
"#shawmila confirmed."

I smiled a small smile. Knowing I had done well giving enough PDA to start off. But I was also really sad and nervous because I didn't want Lauren to see it. I wanted her to know how much I cared for her. But I couldn't tell her. And besides she was with Ty. They looked so happy. And I was happy she was having fun enjoying life. But it killed me because I wish it was with me. Then I saw something that made my heart jump.
"Tyren and Shawmila PR on the same day? Conspiracy theory"
"Why both ships? S+T Addition."
"Camrenisreal"
"Coverup for camren"
"Shawmila PR going strong."
"Tyren and Shawmila? Not sus at all"

I smiled. I'm glad camren shippers where still standing by the ship. And that they caught on. But I also felt bad for shawmila shippers. Maybe Lauren has seen these...

"it wouldn't hurt to watch some of these compilations right?" I asked myself.
I opened my computer and went through all the links. Seeing what dirt people were digging up.
I wonder what Lauren is doing now...

-------