What are superheroes?

It was a normal night for Lance, well as normal as the life of a paladin could be. He was cuddled up in front of the TV screen, watching the movies that he had missed. Beside him lay a stack of DVD boxes that he planned on watching that night. There was Spider-Man, Wonder-Woman, Thor, and many others. The only thing that wasm't normal was the alien princess sitting right beside him.

It had been earlier in their movie marathon when Allura let her head rest on Lance's shoulders. She immediately felt him tense, and knowing that she had that effect on him sent butterflies to her stomach. She smiled and grabbed more popcorn from their bowl. "Lance?" She asked with her eyes still fixed on the screen.

"What's up 'Llura? He asked, not tearing his eyes away from the screen. He was mesmerized by the visual effects and story.

"If humans don't have any special traits, how is it possible for those people to do that stuff?" She said, pointing at the screen.

"Oh, that's fake. People edit the films so that they look real, but it's all special effects. As for the characters, they can do it because they're superheroes." He explained. He was talking so fast it was difficult to understand him.

"Oh." Allura said, still slightly confused. She was imagining how they managed to make it look so real, when another question slithered it's way into her mind. "Lance?" She asked once more, this time, looking up at him with scrunched up eyebrows.

This time, Lance only replied with a simple hum.

"What makes a hero Super?" She asked. She knew what a hero was, but she has never heard that term.

"Well, their heroes that have special abilities or powers. So, Thor is a god and has the power of lightning. Spider-Man, the cute one, has agility and super-strengh. There's a lot more but, those are the easiest to explain." He finishes.

Allura giggled at Lance's comment. "So are you a superhero? Piloting  the red lion is a very special ability." She said. It was true, only 2 people before him had that ability.

"Well, sort of. I don't consider myself one, but you could say that." He said, excited about the fact that he might be a superhero.

"Oh, am I a superhero?" She asked, a quizzical look on her face.

"Of course, you have Altean alchemy on your side so yes. You are a superhero." Lance said. "You're the greatest superhero to ever exist." He said, offering her a warm smile.

Allura's face flushed and she let her head fall on his shoulder again. "Well, even if you don't of yourself as one, you'll always be my superhero, Lance." She said.

"Thanks Allura. " He responded, smiling to himself and pulling her closer to him. "Am I as cute as Spider-Man?" He asked with a hopeful tone in his voice.

"Of course you are, Sharpshooter." She answered flustered.

"We both know I'm not."

"Yeah, he's really cute."

---------------------

Sorry for going all fangirl about Tom Holland but can you blame me? Also, sorry for not posting in a long time. I've been sick. Love you guys 💙💖