Loss

So this is going to be sad lmao. Also, this is Kuron not really Shiro. I cried while writing this.

-------------------------------

It's been days since the big fight, he was still stuck in bed, constant nightmares kept him up and left him with bags under his eyes, he hadn't bothered eating and preferred to stay in his room despite the fact that the team tried to help him.

One day, Lance heard a knock on the door and the door slid open, revealing Allura in her paladin armor, helmet in hand. "Hello Lance." She muttered, a frown covering her face as she closed the door behind her, sitting on the foot of his bed.

"What?" He asked crudely, a sense of annoyance in his voice. There was no doubt that he was crying before she came in.

"I know that it's hard right now, we're all going through it together." Her voice cracked slightly, her eyes finding interest in the ground. "Come to dinner, Shiro's worried." She says with quivering lips as she placed a hand on his knee.

"Shiro's worried? We both know that Shiro doesn't care what happened to the team." He said with scrunched eyebrows, a stray tear rolling down his cheek and hitting the pillow. "I could've saved him. If I was just a little bit faster-" His voice was shaky as more tears fell, a sob escaping him as he sat up and wrapped Allura in a hug, crying into her shoulder.

Allura also felt tears threatening to fall. She wrapped her arms around Lance and rested her chin above his head. "Lance, what happened to Keith wasn't your fault. You did all you could." She said reassuringly.

"I'll never get the chance to tell him he was my best friend, that he was my brother." He said before erupting into sobs.

"He knew that, Lance. I promise." She said, letting him hold her for comfort, the only sounds in the room were the sounds of his crying and Lance's phone, which displayed a video of Keith in his Blade armor.

"Hey Lance, it's Keith. I just wanted to let you know that I missed you guys. I'll be home soon, I promise."