Chapter 20

Ashton POV
I'm sitting in the living room with Calum and Kirsten, Layla is still sleeping and Luke went over to be with Sierra. Michael is also with Crystal. I'm just playing games and tweeting people and liking people's posts. Just interacting with the fans.
"@/laylasmith go kill yourself you stupid bitch! Ashton is too good for you." My face fell. I can't believe people tweet stuff like this and still call themselves fans. Michael walks in the door.
"Hey what's up?" He asks
"Not much just going through twitter and Layla is still sleeping." I said looking up at him.
"It's 4 in the afternoon....." he says scrunching up his face.
"You used to sleep all day and play video games all night" Calum says laughing. I look back at my phone and the replies to the tweet.
"So true! She should die"
"Ha this bitch doesn't deserve the shit I just took"
"She's trash!"
I couldn't handle it anymore. I threw my phone at the wall. The whole room went silent except for the tv and the pieces of my phone falling to the floor. I see a shocked face standing in the hallway, just beside where I threw my phone. It's Layla, I guess she woke up. My mouth falls open as I stand to hug her. The rest of them just looking at me. I wrap my arms around her small frail body.
"I love you" I say. I really truly mean it. I never loved anyone like I have Layla, she's the one who makes me laugh when I'm sad and she helps me be a better person.
"I love you too, but what was that about?" She asks untangling her arms from around my body.
"It's nothing I'm gonna go for a walk ok?" She nods her head and I slip on my slides and walk out the door.

Layla's POV
I wake up grabbing my phone. Remembering Ashton was going to his parents for the day until three. The time read 4:11. I gasped. I quickly checked my notifications and hopped out of bed. I throw on my 5sos tour shirt and some sweatpants. I walk into the hall, just as I'm approaching the entryway into the living room I see something small and black fly past me and hit the wall shattering into pieces. I look down to see Ashtons phone. He comes up to me and hugs me saying I love you.
"I love you too, but what was that about?" I ask.
"It's nothing I'm going for a walk." I nod my head as he goes out the door. I walk over to Kirsten. Calum stands up and goes outside as well.
"What was that?" I ask sitting next to her. Michael bringing me water. I say thanks and take a sip.
"I've never seen him do that before." Michael says sitting next to me. It's nice to know someone has my back. And of course Kirsten.
"What was he doing?"
"he was on twitter." She says standing and walking over to the phone.
"It's still on. Whoa."
"What?" I ask grabbing the phone.
"Oh. These." I say handing it back.
"I didn't know...." Michael says.
"Me neither." Kirsten agrees.
"I did." I say.

Ashton POV
"Calum what are you doing?" I say looking at him and stopping.
"What the fuck was that mate you scared the crap out of her?"
I keep walking.
"Was that the point?" He asks. I stop without looking at him.
"You really think I would do that Cal?"
"No but I have your attention now. What was on your phone that made you do that. I know you."
"The hate she gets. For no reason. It's fucking disgusting. I can deal with the people hating me but when it's her I can't. I get so heated. I love her mate. She's the one I want to be with. For the rest of my life. Shes the one I want to build a family with. She's the one." He pats me on the shoulder.
"Ya know mate. I can tell."
"You can?"
"Ya. The way you treat her, your such a gentleman. The way you look at her. Your eyes shine. The way you talk to her, the way you look for her in every crowd. I could go on." He says.
"You don't have to, I haven't told anyone about her birthday present yet. I wrote her lyrics. Ones that show her how I feel, ones that she could sing. On her own, as a single." I confess to Calum.
"And of course a promise ring cuz I'm cheesy." We start to walk back to the house. I'm feeling much better.