Chapter 57

We did the same things everyday. Performance after performance and it was amazing but tiring we're finally home, in LA because tour is now over. It's bittersweet for sure. I woke up one morning with stomach pains, I felt like I was going to vomit. I ran over to our bathroom and sure enough I did. This happened all day. I couldn't figure out what it was, I've had food poisoning but this wasn't the same.
"Hey feeling any better?" Ashton asks me.
"Nope still like the little angry person in my stomach wants to kill me." I say laying in bed.
"Maybe we should take you to the emergency room?" He says, I don't really like hospitals but it's the best thing for me.
"Fineeee" I say getting up and getting dressed.

*Ashtons POV*
I walked out from telling Layla I'm taking her to the hospital I wasn't gonna take no for an answer.
"Guys were going."
"Want anyone to come?" Crystal asks.
"Uh I think we'll be fine." I reply grabbing her chair and bringing it to her. I grab her bag from her and push her out the door.

"Ok Layla, all the tests we've done are pointing to something pretty serious." The doctors say making my heart drop.
"Layla you were pregnant"
"Were?" she questions
"Layla currently you're having a miscarriage" the doctors says. I grab her other hand and make her look at me.
"Layla, baby I'm so sorry" she's crying. She may not have wanted a baby but she was still a mom even if we didn't know it.
"We're gonna take you for a quick surgery to remove the fetus" the doctor says leaving us alone for the nurses to prep her.
"I'll be waiting ok?" She doesn't say anything, she gets quiet when she's upset. I walk out into the surgical waiting room and call Mike.
"Hey are you still all at my place?"
"Ya we've been waiting for your call" he says.
"Well I can't tell you this over the phone so uh come to the surgical waiting room at the hospital" I hang up. I sit down in a chair and place my elbows on my knees, leaning forward.
"Are you waiting to become a dad to?" A man asks me.
"Uh no actually my fiancé just miscarried."
"Oh gosh I'm sorry"
"It's ok, honestly we didn't know we were pregnant"
"I'm very sorry man"
"It's all good" I see Calum and Luke walk in with Michael and Crystal behind them.
"What happened is she okay?!" Michael asks. He's like a big brother to her. His eyes shift from my left to my right eye. I can see the fear in his.
"Uhm I don't know how to say this but, Uh. I was going to be a dad" I let a tear escape my eye I was trying to hold it in to be strong for her but I can't any longer. Michael sits next to me as Crystal rubs his shoulder. Calum hugs me and Luke sits on the coffee table rubbing his face. We sit in silence for what feels like hours or days.
"Mr. Irwin?" A nurse says, I stand walking over to her.
"Layla is out of surgery, it went really well, I can take you to see her."
"Ya can these guys come too?" I ask, I know she would want them there.
"Yes of course."
We walk into her room, she's still asleep, she looks so peaceful but I know she's hurting. I sit beside her and hold her hand waiting for her to wake up.
She soon opens her eyes and looks at me.
"Hi" I say
"Hey" She says. I kiss her cheek.
"Hey guys"
"Hi" they say.