Chapter 22

"Layla, I'm gonna say what I think but you cannot get mad."
"I'll try."
"I think you do have anxiety. I think it's because of Ashton, you're afraid of losing him like you did your mom. She loved you like you love him." I want to cry and scream. I know it's true.
"I miss her Kirsten" I say shedding a tear.
"Hey don't cry. I know you miss her."
"That day was horrible."
"Did you ever tell them about it?" She asked.
"No."
"I think you should. It might make them understand why you hate tomorrow."
"Ya I should, but not today. Today we're gonna go out and have fun" I stand up and wipe away the tears.
"Hey are you ok?" I see Michael standing at my door.
"Ya, honestly I thought you would be Ash."
"He's a little distraught."
"Well I'm gonna fix that." I walk outside and see him sitting in the couch with his elbows resting on his knees. He looks up and sees me. I walk over and straddle his lap. He's taken a bit by surprise. But wraps his arms around my body as I kiss him. He tastes so good. I bring my hands up to his face.
"Oh boy" I hear Kirsten say. I don't really care that they're four other people in the room.
"Can we go to lunch now?" Luke asks. I pull away from Ashton and look at Luke smiling.
"Ya just let me fix my lipstick" I say about to get up. But instead Ashton rest his head on my chest. I look down at him.
"What are you doing?" I ask. At least he's not face down.
"That's weird ash" Michael says looking at him. He lets me get up so I go and fix my lipstick.
"Well what can go wrong?" I think to myself. I walk back out and grab Ashton's hand ready to go. We're going to the Olive Garden for lunch.
"Ok we're here let's get in before anyone sees us." Luke says getting out of the car. I get out and walk around to the back.
"Hey Michael I thought we were going to pick up Crystal?" I said sitting in my chair.
"Ya she's meeting us here instead" we walk in and see Crystal.
"Hey happy birthday baby!" She hugs me.
"Thanks! You gotta come around more I miss hanging out with you."
"Well I guess Michael hasn't told you." I look at her with confusion and look over her shoulder at Michael.
"I'm coming on tour with you guys!"
"Yay that's awesome!!" I reply
"I wish you could come to but, I know you have school" Calum says holding Kirsten's hands
"Ya I do. I mean I'd love to but I want to finish school" She says and kisses him on the cheek. I love seeing her happy with him but I know she wants to finish school and build a better life for her self then working at a small book store or have people think she just uses Calums money. We're led to a table and sit down.
"I have something to tell you guys.." I say quietly. I look over at Kirsten she gives me a small side smile.
"So, tomorrow. Tomorrow marks 18 years since my mom passed away.....I kind of want to explain it."
"Layla you don't have to if you don't want to." A waiter comes up to our table
"Hello everyone, my name is Gigi! Can I get you something to drink?" We all give our drink orders.
"I want to tell you, it will help you understand me better. I was six."
"Layla...."
"Ashton. I remember the day like it was yesterday. We lived in the bottom of someone's house and I came home from school as normal, it was kind of quiet, but I put my backpack down on the couch and went into the kitchen....she was lying there on the floor with blood all over her arms. And a knife in her hand" I wipe away a tear off my cheek. The waitress comes back and hands us our drinks.
"I went upstairs to the neighbours and told them something was wrong. They came down, but as soon as they saw, the husband, his name was Robert. He picked me up and took me upstairs as his wife Sarah called 911. I was later brought to the hospital. And they checked to make sure I was okay for some reason but I was then brought to a foster home." I finish taking a sip of my water.
"That home was mine....until my parents passed away. They adopted me" Kirsten says.
"They passed away of old age though...they were awesome." I add.
"Layla, I'm sorry"
"Don't be, Let's eat and go home so we can get ready for tonight!" I say as the waitress came over to get our food orders.