20 - Questions

Laura - (closes her eyes, sighs) Lynches.

Mark & Stormie - (look at each other)

Laura - (opens her eyes) I'm gonna go back to sleep.

Vanessa - Okay, sleep well (smiles).

Laura - (lays down, falls asleep)

Vanessa - (opens the door)

Mark, Stormie, Vanessa, Ellington, Rydel, Rocky, Ross, & Ryland - (walk outside)

Vanessa - (closes the door)

Ross - (looks down) Hey, Ness. I hope you're not mad at me or anything (plays with his hands). I didn't know anything bad was going to happen.

Vanessa - (puts a hand on Ross's shoulder, sighs) No, I'm not mad, Ross (takes her hand off). I can't blame you for bringing her to that audition. I mean, Laura loves acting. I can't stop her from following in my footsteps (softly chuckles).

Ross - (softly smiles)

Rydel - What do you think happened to Laura? What do you think Jaime did?

Ryland - Well, whatever she did, she hit Laura's head pretty hard. I mean, a skull fracture? That's a bit too serious for getting hit in the head.

Rocky - She doesn't look that weak. It's possible Laura was passed out by one of Jaime's hits, or maybe it was more than just one.

Stormie - You kids stay here. We (points to her & Mark) are going to the cafeteria to get some food for Laura when she wakes up.

Vanessa - (softly sighs) Thank you, guys (smiles softly).

Mark - You're welcome, Vanessa. You're family. There's nothing we wouldn't do for you.

Mark & Stormie - (leave)

??? - (approaches) Hi, I'd like to ask a few questions, if you don't mind.

Vanessa - Sure, who are you?

??? - Officer Tanner, co-worker of Officer Jones, you've met him before.

Vanessa - Oh, um. Okay, whenever you're ready.

Officer Tanner - I'd like to discuss a case with you all. Laura Marie Marano, put in the hospital earlier today. I know she has a sibling, who is it?

Vanessa - Me, it's me, Vanessa Marano.

Officer Tanner - Well, Vanessa. Did you happen to be at the same location with your sister?

Vanessa - No, someone else was with her.

Officer Tanner - Did you happen to know where Ms. Marano was when she was attacked?

Vanessa - Yes, I did. She went to an audition.

Officer Tanner - May you please tell me who was with her at the time?

Ross - (steps forward) I was with her, I'm Ross Lynch. I took her to the audition.

Officer Tanner - Mr. Lynch, do you know what happened, or how Laura was physically attacked?

Ross - I have no information on what happened, but I have a thought on how it happened. Laura was in the bathroom, so I obviously couldn't be with her at the time. She took a while, so I went to check on her. I found her on the floor.

Officer Tanner - According to the security footage, you & Laura arrived at the arena at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon. You both entered the arena & came out about an hour & 50 minutes later, when you were finished with auditions. Ms. Marano went back in for the bathroom. Did you happen to notice anyone who entered the arena after her?

Ross - No, not exactly. I didn't pay attention to who went in & out. I'm pretty sure there were a couple people in the parking lot.

Officer Tanner - Precisely, a young woman was spotted going in right after Laura entered the arena. Now, you said you had a thought on how Laura was attacked. Can you explain?

Ross - Well, I had this girlfriend, I recently broke up with her. She got really mad & I happened to see her at the audition. I'm positive she attacked Laura in the bathroom.

Officer Tanner - Can you give me a description of her? Our camera didn't get an exact look at her face, but we got a look from the back of her person. What is her specific hair color, & what was she wearing when you saw her?

Ross - (thinks) She has blonde hair. She was wearing a big hat, sunglasses, wore a gray sweatshirt with a greenish-skirt. She also had beige heels & carried a white & gold bag.

Rydel - (looks at Ross, no expression on her face)

Ross - What, I can't be that specific. I don't pay attention to girls' fashion.

Rydel - (softly smiles & rolls her eyes)

Officer Tanner - (writes all the information down in a notepad) Now, everyone else, besides these two (points to Vanessa & Ross). One by one, can you explain to me if there has been anyone Laura has made an enemie with? Is there someone particular that doesn't like Laura? Any problems?

Ellington & Rydel - (says at the same time) Jaime.

Officer Tanner - Who's Jaime?

Ryland - She's the one Ross talked about, his ex-girlfriend.

Officer Tanner - Explain to me why she would take her anger from this break up, out on Laura.

Rocky - Laura just moved in with us.

Rydel - Jaime thinks Ross dumped her to be with Laura.

Ellington - So, she probably thought by hurting Laura, she'd get closer to Ross.

Rydel - (looks down, whispers) What a dumbass.

Ellington - (slaps his hand over his mouth & snickers)

Rydel - (giggles)

Officer Tanner - I have all the information I need for now. Once Laura is out of the hospital, please have her come by the Los Angeles Police Department for discussion on the topic.

Ross - At the time, she might not remember what happened.

Officer Tanner - What do you mean?

Vanessa - The doctor said she might have memory loss at times, but it's not permanent.

Officer Tanner - Got it, bring her in when you can.

Vanessa - (nods)

Officer Tanner - (walks away)

Vanessa - (turns to everyone else) I'm gonna go check on Laura.

Ellington, Rydel, Rocky, Ross, Ryland - (follow Vanessa)