21 - Laura's Lie

- About 1 Hour & 45 Minutes Later, In Laura's Room -

Ellington & Rocky - (playing cards on Laura's bed)

Laura - (opens her eyes, smiles)

Vanessa - (next to Laura, sitting in a chair) Hey, you okay?

Laura - That's like, the worst thing to say to a person in the hospital, Ness (softly laughs).

Vanessa - (chuckles)

Rydel - (smiles) My, I mean our parents are getting food for you. They should be here any minute.

Laura - (sighs) Great, I'm starving.

Ross - You remember us now?

Laura - (confused) What? What do you mean?

Ross - (looks at the bedside clock, looks at Laura) Almost 2 hours ago, you lost your memory & forgot who we (drags his finger at himself to his siblings) were.

Laura - (thinks) I did? I don't remember that.

Ross - (shrugs) You're not going to remember losing your memory. It's gonna happen a couple of times while your head is in the process of healing. Jaime hit your head pretty bad (walks closer to her). Can you tell me what she did to you?

Laura - (looks away from Ross into mid-air)

// Flashback;

Jaime - One last warning, Bitch. Stay away from Ross. I hope I make myself clear.

Laura - (stays silent)

Jaime - Oh, & if you tell anyone about this little 'conversation,' you'll surely regret it (smiles). Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an audition to attend. Have a nice day (leaves the bathroom)!

// End Of Flashback;

Laura - (lies) No, I don't remember what she did.

Vanessa - (looks at Ross, turns to Laura) I saw you hesitate.

Laura - (stutters) I-I don't know anything, I s-wear.

Rydel - It can't be another memory loss, you just had one!

Laura - (looks around, nervously)

Ellington - (sits next to Laura) Laur, you gotta tell us. We care for you (puts his hand on Laura's shoulder). We want to help you (nods).

Laura - (starts tearing up, wipes a tear away, silently sniffles) No, no. I probably just bumped my head on a door. You know, clumsy Laura (points at herself, laughs awkwardly).

Vanessa - I can't believe you would lie to us. Especially, to me. Laura, you need to tell us what she did to you.

Rocky - You can't hit your head that hard on a door, unless you wanted to physically hurt yourself. You wanted to hurt yourself?

Laura - N-No. I, um. I had to go to the bathroom really bad, so I-I ran & bumped my head.

Rydel - (worried)

Vanessa - (shakes her head) I'm your sister, please tell me you're not lying to your sister's face (looks at Laura in the eyes).

Laura - (raises her voice) SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO ME, OKAY?

Vanessa - (sighs) I know that's not true, Laura (walks to the door, puts her hand on the doorknob). I'm gonna be outside, call me in when you're ready to tell the truth (looks down, turns the doorknob, opens the door & walks out).

Laura - (feels bad, looks down)

Rydel - (looks at her brothers)

Laura - (grabs her phone on the drawer & plugs her headphones in)